CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

February 20, 2007

Craft Corner: Just Another Cup of Tea ...

It is not an addiction if you have it under control. O.k. really ... here is a pic of the latest cross stitch WIP. It is a freebie from Michaels called Whimsical Cup. Tea, cocoa, even coffee ... this cutie although not in my normal "elegant tea cup" genre, was too cute to pass up.

I am nearly finished, I just have to find some specialty threads in the pattern (DMC E746 and E3849 which are Light Effects threads.) I haven't stitched with DMC's Light Effects. I wonder if it is hard? I don't like the metallic threads, but I'll let you know when I get them. I have to go into "town" which is Alexandria about an hour away to get most of my stitching supplies.

I was given a heads up of two other free tea cup patterns by fellow stitchers, including one at Haberdashery Designs and another from Vermillion Stitchery. I hadn't visited either of these sites before but soon found myself lost in explorations of the fabric, floss and pattern kind. Again Haberdashery did not fit into my Victorian elegance style, but there was tons of stuff that looked fun to stitch for others. I may even pass the site along to my niece who tends to enjoy the whimsical type stitching patterns.

I finished my "stitching goal" for the month but still have to do the "finishing goal" that I posted as my February craft goals. I'm still trying to figure out where to get a sewing machine to finish the Quilt Project. Ijust have to keep stitching along if I am ever going to make progress on my WIPs list.

Well back to work ...

7 Tea Party Guest:

stitcherw said...

Your cup is turning out very cute. I haven't used the light effects yet, but they look like they will add a fun touch to projects. I'll be interested in hearing how you like them.
Sue

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I just love your little tea cup. May have to do some teacups myself. i have a few cute patterns of them. I really like your blog. i will be reading more of it. Thanks for visiting me.

Meari said...

Very cute tea cup, Michelle!

Cheryl said...

Hi! Im Cheryl. Seen your email over at stitching bloggers! Welcome to the group! I love your blog and i also love tea (who in Scotland doesn't though?!!) I really like this design, i might stitch it myself one day, its cute! I'll stop by your blog again

Cheryl said...

Hi! Im Cheryl. Seen your email over at stitching bloggers! Welcome to the group! I love your blog and i also love tea (who in Scotland doesn't though?!!) I really like this design, i might stitch it myself one day, its cute! I'll stop by your blog again

Carla said...

Hi, I read your post on the stitching bloggers group. Your stitching is great!! I also have a English bulldog...yours is a cutie!! :)

Lelia said...

very nice tea cup!