CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

October 1, 2012

The Accidental Chef: Chicken Noodle Soup

As the weather starts to cool here in South Texas, I get more and more into the cooking mood. Saturday the Little Monkey wasn't feeling well and I opened a can of chicken and rice and let me tell you, it looked so gross. I added veggies and more chicken, but nothing helped.

So despite the fact that I was cooking for a dinner party that night, making crustless quiche for breakfast this week and cooking up some other meats I didn't get to during the week and needed to cook, I decided let's make homemade chicken noodle soup!!

Yeah, I'm crazy like that.

So Sunday, when I went to the grocery store, I was a little less enthusiastic about the project, but still in the mood for chicken noodle soup ... so I decided to go semi-homemade. (Thank you Sandra Lee!!)


It looks pretty yummy simmering on my 1950's stove huh!?!

Well, it was really easy to make. here's the recipe ...

Ingredients:
2 32-ounce containers of chicken or vegetable stock
2 Tbsp parsley flakes
1 Tbsp garlic
1 rotisserie chicken (I used an Italian herb one)
1 bag of baby carrots
1 medium onion
2 stalks of celery
2 cups of egg noodles, uncooked


Directions:
1. I combined the stock, parsley and garlic in a large pot and brought to a boil. Meanwhile, I shredded the chicken (however big or small you want the pieces) and chopped the onion and celery. Lil Monkey and I like our carrots soft, so I got the ones you can cook in the microwave and cooked them at this point, but you can just put them in raw if you like them more firm.

2. Once the stock began to boil, I added the shredded chicken, carrots, diced onions. Then I added the 2 cups of uncooked noodles, brought everything back to a boil, and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.

That's it! Serve and eat! Yummy! Add some buttery cornbread and you'll have a full belly in no time!


Jamie will actually eat some of the noodles, so sometimes when I make soups or stews I just add larger amounts of broth and then pour some off to freeze and cook him noddles with throughout the winter.

I will definitely be enjoying this pot for a while!

Until our next cup of tea ...

0 Tea Party Guest: