CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

September 27, 2012

A Military Child ...

Until about 2 weeks ago, every day Jamie went in to school or walked out to the car he'd greet the flag on the front lawn. One day a parent I'd never seen before asked me why he talked to the flag and I said it was just something he started and we encouraged it. She replied that there were other more important thing we could be working on than talking to a flag. So I told her, that sometimes for an Army child that flag is one of the few constants in their lives when they move so much, to which she replied, "Well, that's your fault." I was so happy when I later learned it was a parent looking at the school for their kids, but decided to go to another.


Until our next cup of tea ...

3 Tea Party Guest:

Elissa said...

Um...where do these people come from?! Cause they are more than welcome to find another country to live in! That makes me so dang angry!
I would have been much more colorful in my responses than you...but I am rude :)

jenicini said...

Well perhaps she needs to focus on implementing her advice into her own parenting and then perhaps take a lesson in manners. What did you say?

ancient one said...

I can't believe how ugly some people can be. She should be thanking you and your family for serving our country.