CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

July 24, 2012

Conversations with a Toddler: Manners

This morning I was getting stuff for my lunch out of the fridge and Jamie was standing bside me "inspecting" the contents of the fridge and I asked him if he wanted yogurt. He said "yes" and I told him to go sit at the table. He turned to go to the table and almost tripped on Sgt. major who decided to lay down behind us.

"I sorry, doggy!" He said.

Sgt. Major didn't move an muscle, so Jamie bends down in front of him like he was touching his toes, but in the air ...

"I sorry doggy!"

He waited.

"I don't think he's going to answer, but he says "ok!' I told him. And he went to sit at the table.

After I gave him his yogurt, I started packing my lunch.

"How is your yogurt?," I asked.

"Oh, no! I mess Mommy! I sorry! I sorry!" he said.

"It's O.K., let me get a towel," I said.

I wiped it up and he said, "Thank you, Mommy!"

I don't know what he thinks of his new class, but he is staying in there now!!

3 Tea Party Guest:

Elissa said...

Um....how do you teach this?! Cause so far Carson's manners leave something to be desired!

The Teacup Cottage said...

I don't know, his teachers must be working with him. He still grabs and runs from me ... might need James to do some preventative training! I almost fell on the floor when he said it!

ancient one said...

That is impressive! He's learning manners. I love that he waited for the dog to answer back :)