CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

March 26, 2011

Do I even want to know what lies ahead!?!

Whew! What an absolutely stressful day/week! Hubby had been gone for the week at a conference and it's been just me and Baby George. This child is running me ragged!!

Today he was in timeout 35 times for removing the cupholders from the recliners and throwing toys in the holes, he dumped the dog's water bowl on himself and played in it 3 times, he blew his nose on his peanut butter sandwhich, fed the dog (who had food allergies) his cherrios, and threw his bowl of macarroni on the floor. I have picked up the livingroom toys 3 times and the bedroom toys twice. He threw a toy in the toilet and unpacked a garbage bag of clothes going to charity. The boy is a whirlwind! And so darn stubborn! He gave himself a black eye opening a drawer because he wants to play with the koozies from his godparent's wedding (which reminds me, I should see if they have extras!) but he keeps opening the drawers ... and I've got maybe and in before he can reach inside them!

Somehow I managed to get 2 load of laundry washed and folded (which was when he scooted away to play in the dog's water), another 2 that had been sitting in the laundry room got folded, and caught up on cleaning the kitchen.

Now that the office is organized, he likes that he can pull entire boxes off the bookshelf (I found some really great containers on sale and did it one night after he went to bed.) I packed away a lot of the books, especially on the 3 lower shelves, because he is into destroying books now.

Whew! If he's doing all this at 13 months, I don't even want to know what the "terrible twos" are like, do I? Hmm ... I wonder how soon we can send him to boarding school!?!

I'd like to get my big bin of fabric sorted and organized so I can work on a project or two here and there, but I don't know how that will work because he just keeps getting into the stuff on the sewing desk ... Maybe if I move the center piece of the sectional out of the office I can put that second desk in there and then I can just shut the door ... Hmm ...

This house has way too many doorways, that's for sure. The kitchen, breakfast area and dining room all have two doorways. Plus the livingroom and bottom and top of the stairs ... that is way to many doorways to be fighting baby gates.

Well, I'm tired, so I think I'll just eat the rest of his macarroni (the stuff that didn't go on the floor) and be done with houseowrk for the night ... Oh, wait! I still have the sheets in the washer and the bibs and kitchen towels in the dryer ... I need a clone!

Until our next cup of tea ...

3 Tea Party Guest:

ancient one said...

They can be fast, can't they? He's just a normal little boy investigating everything... now's when you need to start using those eyes in the back of your head..ha ha I can laugh because my youngest child is 47 and she helps keep her grandson who is the same age as your little one. She says he really tires her out, but she loves him to pieces!

Sue said...

Michelle,
Ahhh, yes. This is a fun time. But truly, the little mischief maker is just beginning....but the mischief changes with their ability to climb and walk and RUN!!
But at the end of the day, who loves him more than the mommy who has been chasing him out of the water, away from the books, who closes the drawers he opens, and finishes his mac and cheese. It might make for busy days, but they sure can be an adventure.
And besides, he is a beautiful little boy. He's got that part hands down. And he knows it. :)
Many hugs,
Sue

Meari said...

35 times in timeout? Really? Kudos to you for being so persistent. A lot of parents would just give in.