CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

October 16, 2010

Found it!

I was so excited! As George and I were cleaning house (yes, he was almost doing more than me!) I found something that made me dance with happiness. So my first thought was to post it here 1.) to share what I was talking about and 2.0 so that I'd have it for the future.

In May we celebrated Military Spouse Appreciation and I had asked in a post is anyone had seen a particular "card" that had been attached to something called the Military Spouse First Aid Kit. Well I found it! There are a few variations, but it reads (and contains):

First Aid Kit for Military Spouses

cotton ball: to help cushion and soften the hard times
rubber band: to help you be flexible, and to hold things together when everything seems to be falling apart.
Snickers: to help you remember the importance of laughter
Band-aid: to cover the wounds and ease the pain
candle: to brighten your day
Kiss & Hug (candy): to let you know you are not alone
tea bag: to remind you are stronger than you think
Eraser: to help you start each day with a clean slate


I guess after my last post, you can imagine that I found it at the right time.
(And to update, I am doing better today. Hubby got up about 30 minutes after the baby and took over, sending me to bed. Unfortunately it took me an hour to go back to sleep because the puppy felt that I was laying in his spot and sat there staring at me inches from my face until I moved to George's side of the bed!)




Until our next cup of tea,

4 Tea Party Guest:

ancient one said...

Good post... I have been thinking of you and praying that you could get some relief. I remember well how trying things can get with small children and so much to do. Glad you found the card. I might have to make up one for my granddaughters who have husbands in service. Thanks!

Sue said...

Michelle,
This is a great post. Glad to hear that you got some much needed extra rest.
I also might make up one of these cards for Laurie now that Stephen is deployed again. Of course her being a soldier helps I think. But still, it's hard. There are times I want to just say, "tell me how you are feeling, honey" but I think I KNOW how she feels. With us staying with her and Kasey, it seems to help that she doesn't have to come home to an empty house, or to having to make dinner or worry about getting Kasey to and from school when her hours just don't work around his schedule.
You are a military spouse and a darned good one. We can hear the pride, the respect you have for your miltary families that you help. It's appreciated Michelle - as a military mom seeing my daughter first hand going through another deployment for her husband and waiting for her own to start, your support is appreciated so much more than you know.
Blessings and hugs and hopefully many more good days to even out the not so good ones.
Sue

Meari said...

What a cool first aid kit :)

Glad you're doing a little better.

Anonymous said...

Glad your back to feeling better. What a face! How can you say no?