CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

February 5, 2010

Baby Jamie Update ... week 38

I know it has been a while, so I just wanted to send out an update as the day quickly approaches for Jamie's arrival. Tuesday was an emotionally draining day for me as well as the usual physically exhausting one, so it took me a few days to talk to our Families and compile my thoughts.

At our weekly doctor's appointment Tuesday the doctor said that Jamie is still sitting breech and has scheduled a c-section for Tuesday, Feb. 9 at 12:30 p.m. He was sitting head down at 36-weeks, but apparently got bored and rotated the next week. It will be a busy day for us as George is scheduled for a jump to maintain his airborne status (early that morning), but we are thankful that my mom's schedule allows her to be here for a week, beginning Saturday.

Our hope is that baby Jamie will turn and then I can just be induced, but both George and Mom have stated at if he has not and I still don't feel completely comfortable at that time with the c-section, we can postpone it. Since I will only be 39-weeks, I can still choose to wait another week or so. This week will be trying a variety of methods to encourage the little guyn to go "bottoms up" so if you have any suggestions (that doesn't include chanting or incense as I already have headaches from exhaustion) please feel free to pass them along.

I've not yet decided it I will go trhough with the c-section or ask for more time. These past few days have been very emotional for me and I just can't imagine going through it for yet another week. I pray that in the end my decision will be the one taht is medically the best for both Jamie and I rahter than just to ease my fears and trepidation.

I am resting as much as I can, but for those who know me, understand that I am not someone who can just sit around and wait. I am trying hard not to push the limits on house cleaning and stuff, but I am very self-conscious of what my home reflects upon me and it is hard to let the dishes sit and watch the floors collect dirt. Laundry has thankfully be put on a schedule that allows me to do a load or two each day so I feel like I am accomplishing something, but I know that resting is the best thing for getting Jamie to go "bottoms up!"

I'm also including a photo of me from Tuesday at 38-weeks, probably the last one before he arrives.



As you can see, I am ALL BABY at this point! No wonder my back hurts. Excuse my puffy face, I had been crying a little as this was just after our appointment and the news he was breech. I also didn't notice until looking at the picture how puffy my feet are. Yesterday, hubby treated me to a pedicure (while he was at work) so now they are PRETTY and puffy! It tried to get a picture of the flowers on my toes, but alas, I cannot bend down to get close enough for a photo!

I'll try keep everyone updated on Baby Jamie's progress, but at this point there is NO position, sitting, lying down or standing that is comfortable and my laptop no longer fits on my lap, so typing is hard. My poor arms barely reach around the baby belly so sitting at the desk is hard and my back aches a lot.

Jamie is his grandfather's namesake, so I am sure he'll do what he wants, when he wants and we can only hope he works on our schedule!

Until our next cup of tea ...

6 Tea Party Guest:

Vee said...

Ohhhh, you look so beautiful. I'm one of those who believe that pregnant women are exquisite. Okay, no advice, but I am praying and trusting God for the very best for both you and Baby Jamie. God bless you and your family and do rest up even when tempted to do.it.all.

ABW said...

So glad that you are taking the time to think it through if you aren't ready. Hang in there, I'm hoping Jamie turns! I heard show a flashlight and play music "down yonder" and they want to go near it. Standing on your head would be my next suggestion, but might be quite dangerous.

Will they try to turn him manually?

The Teacup Cottage said...

Thanks Vee and ABW. I am trying to rest since I know it will be near impossible once the little man arrives.

To answer your question, ABW, no the doctors here will not attempt to turn him, in fact my doctor, notes as the "King of Homestead Hosp." has told us that he will not turn after 36-weeks (though he did) and he refuses to attempt to turn him manually for risk of the cord wrapping around his head, but in my mind isn't there a risk of it wrapping if he turns himself?

My main concerns are that the rate of c-sections here are so high, 60-65% of births in Miami-Dade County. Extremem if you ask me! At the last visit when I asked him how busy his day was he said he'd see 37 patients in his clinic and delivered 3 babies IN ONE DAY!

We're just taking it one day at a time, but I have been doing the "music therapy" every two hours or so durning the day and the standing on your head works in a pool, but I'm not able to balance even under water!

ancient one said...

I am not believing this... they have told my grandson's wife that she will be induced on Feb.9 because she is having blood pressure problems...

I hope you will make the right decision for you and your baby.. Loved the picture of your baby bump... you are definitely all baby... Well it will be interesting to see if we both get babies on the same day...

Vee said...

Keeping you, your hubby, and your baby in prayer. Take care now and I'll be watching for you...

Meari said...

Hang in there! I hope he spins around for you.