CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

September 30, 2009

Trying to get ahead, before I get behind!

So much to do and so little time. Everytime I realize that we will be moving again soon (we are down to 5 weeks) I start to panic. November is going to be C-R-A-Z-Y busy! I'm actually stressed right now, which I'm sure if not good for the baby, so I thought blogging would help ... a little.

We have set up the appointment with transportation to pack and ship our houshold goods (HHG). However, without an address to send it too, our HHG will go into storage and we will have to coordinate to get them delivered at a later date. Since we are not going to an active duty installation and there is no on-post housing we HAVE to live off-post and the storage facility is over 30 minutes away, on the other side of Miami. I assume it will be a black hole once our HHG go into storage because it is as a Coast Guard facility and they don't really deal with that sort of thing on a daily basis.

So we went to Miami over the Labor Day holiday to look at housing areas and the different types of houses that were available. We narrowed down the housing community and the realtor began sending us a list of homes available. She also told us that we should look into buying in that neighborhood since it was one with high interest and would continue to gain interest since it was one of the few gated communities near the base and outside the congestion of Miami. Since a new hosiptal was recently built at the need of the community, it also make it a prime location for medical professionals. After research we realized that there would be a growing interest since the City of Miami has decided to start raising its city property taxes.

So now we are in the home-stretch. We have 5 weeks to find a house, the packers and movers are scheduled, then its a fury to unpack and get "necessities" and furniture in place before we head out on a whilwhind trip to Houston for baby shower and Family bonding. Then it's back to Army life while George gets settled in as commander, I get to figure out where verything will go in the house and what we need before the baby arrives. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it!

Well, I'mm off to spend time with the pup. I do have some funny picture of Sgt. major that I will try to post in the next day or so.

Until our next cup of tea ...

3 Tea Party Guest:

Meari said...

Wow, that makes my head spin just reading about it! Don't forget to take some needed rest for yourself. :)

lime said...

gees, you just moved! no wonder you feel stressed! and yes, it's good to find a way to deal effectively with it for you and the baby.

Vee said...

What? Moving again? How do you folks do it? I am seriously keeping you in my prayers and believing that this will be the last move for quite a while. Take care of yourself.