CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

July 9, 2009

A Pictures Worth a Thousand Words ...

Editor's Note: I promise not to make my blog completely about baby stuff, but I wanted to shared some updated photos and the monthly update.



Wow! What a busy month this has been. From learning that we were expecting at the beginning of the month to seeing the baby and hearing its heartbeat for the first time, the days seem to have flown by. Every day has been a new adventure. Two weeks ago the onset of morning sickness, which apparently last all day, set in and that was a bumpy ride until the doctors prescribed something for the nausea. That was the second happiest day of the month!

On Thursday (july 2) we had the appointment for our first ultrasound and it was a great experience. George was able to attend the appointment so he too was able to be there to hear the heartbeat.

I have been working with a personal trainer and nutritionist and while losing weight, my baby bump seems to be growing like a weed! Already in maternity clothes I am learning to work around my growing belly. Sgt. Major is trying hard to find room on my lap for naps, but it won't be long before he will have to find a new way to "nap with mommy". He is still able to sleep comfortabley at night, now choosing to sleep with his head on his Mommy's hip and his chest against the baby. Maybe this is just his way of trying to bond with the baby! His heartbeat tends to lull me to sleep, so it's a win-win situation for all. Sgt Major has definately noticed something going on and it a little more clingy thatn usual.

Trying to find foods that the baby approves of is also a constant rollercoaster. While fruits and veggies were the cravings of last week, this week they tend to give me nausea in even the smallest amounts. The baby seems to like BBQ however (even though the BBQ here in Ga. has not come close to calming my craving for Rooster's chopped beef BBQ in Baytown!) Mexican food is a hit or miss, depending on the item, but my favorite, cheese enchilladas seem to have won the baby's approval ... for now.

George is very excited and wants the baby "now!" He enjoys walking around baby stores and is trying to figure out at what age he can sign the baby up for sports! He and Sgt. Major are starting to spend more time together while I rest in the afternoons, so the puppy is enjoying the extra attention.



Until our nxt cup of tea ...

8 Tea Party Guest:

ancient one said...

I am loving this... I just found out that I'm going to be a great grandmother.. They will have their first ultra sound next week... Do you want to know the sex of your baby... my grandaughter in law doesn't want to know... and my niece doesn't want to know... but my daughter and I want to know..LOL

You can make your whole blog about baby if you want... I just love babies!!!!

Love this post!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

so excited for you! and good to hear your not feeling the constant nausea.

With our oldest...no morning sickness whatsoever, so I thought all my friends that had it, was just saying so they wouldnt have to cook...

But then I got it with our second and third... even the smell of fresh baked bread made me queasy! (And I have always loved the smell of fresh baked anything!)... and all I could eat with our youngest was Taco Bell's bean burritos!

Blessings & Aloha!

Vee said...

Awww you're looking great! Your blog can be all about baby news all the time, if you'd like. I'm along for the ride one way or the other and I think that babies are great.

Sue said...

YOU LOOK GREAT!
And just so it's unanimous, BABIES and anything to do with them is a wonderful subject.
So, just in case you didn't get the message by now - blog all you want about the baby.
Blessings my friend.
Sue

ABW said...

You look beautiful!


Talk about babies all you want!

lime said...

the adventure is only beginning :)

stitcherw said...

Glad things seem to be working out, there is a lot to adapt to. So happy for you too that they found something to help with the constant morning sickness.
Sue

Meari said...

Congratulations on your preganancy!!