CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

June 30, 2009

I've got it all figured out ...

No I don't! It's officially 7 days since the morning sickness started and I'm still trying to figure out the "secret solution" for me. There were some suggestions that I did try. Thanks everyone for your support and advice!

~ Vee I do take the time to enjoy my M&Ms, when I allow myself the treat! Thanks for the reminder!

~ Molly I am sick every day but can't be sick. It is the most frustrating feeling in the world, because I just feel if I could "be sick" then I would feel better, but alas, nothing but gut-wrenching dry heaves at this point.

~ Nikki when it comes to food my appitite seems to have disappeared and poor George is left to defend himself sometimes, as as you know from real life, that can lead to disasters at time, but we are learning to muddle through it. The other night I made some chicken stir-fry which I'd been craving for over a week now and it ended up making me sick! Can't win for losing sometimes, but at least he got a home cooked meal that night! I'd like to know how you made it look easy with Tregan!

~ Lime, you will be saddened to know that I now have an aversion to chocolate, at least physically. I still try every now and then, but it makes me sick. It's the hardest part I think. What I'd give for a Dove chocolate bar, all creamy and smooth. {Sigh} I give you permission to eat my share and if anyone gives you problems, send them to me. It would be a shame to let all that dhocolate go to waste! As for feeling better, cold fruit does make me feel a lot better in the afternoons.

~ Sue there are days that cooking is just not an option. I am so sensative to smells at this point. George has been really great and will jump in when needed.

Well, I'm off to read some more while feeling o.k.

Until our next cup of tea ...



~Editor's note: It took me about 4 days to finish this post. I seem to be restless these days. I did actually "get sick" on Monday. All morning, about every 30-45 minutes, and I learned ... it didn't make me feel any better.

8 Tea Party Guest:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh goodness! I hope the morning (or is it "morning, noon, and night") sickness passes quickly!

and that you get back to feeling better :o)

Sue said...

Michelle,
Oh, ugh, I'm so sorry you were so ill. I hope that doesn't happen very often.
And I can help with the chocolate too. Dove bars, you say? No hardship at all.
Hugs and hopes that you feel better.
Sue

lime said...

aww hon, sorry it's been so unpleasant. thanks for your share of the chocolate. i won't torment you by eating it near you. the good news is the nausea usually passes by the end of the first trimester.

just keep trying different combos to see what helps you feel better and rest as much as you need to.

Vee said...

Good to know that cool fruit is helping some. What about yogurt with fruit? Whatever...take care of yourself and know that you must eat something. Be sure to ask your doc for some good tips. One of my friends munched on a couple of soda crackers before ever getting out of bed in the morning. She said that it helped.

The Teacup Cottage said...

Sue and Lime enjoy the chocolate! Hopefully I'll be able to indulge again soon. Vee, yes fruit definately helps, but no matter what fruit I have I always want something I didn't get. This weeks I have peaches, apples and grapes, but wanted oranges! My hubby has been helpful when I just can't seem to shake or substitute a craving. Thankfully, everything it during the day so no midnight trips ... yet!

nikki said...

just wait for the 2nd trimester...you will love food....that's how the 40lbs with tregan crept up on me!
and as far as making it look easy...i'm a good faker!

stitcherw said...

Congratulations, what great news. I'm so happy for you both. Hopefully the sickness part ends soon and you're back to feeling normal and can eat all the fun stuff like chocolate again. The next several months sure are going to be interesting for you both. {{hugs}}
Sue

ABW said...

Are you feeling better??