CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

May 21, 2009

Exploring Your Backyard

So now that we are settling in we've been exploring individually as well as together. It's been great learning more about the communities around us. There are a lot of small towns around us as well as being only a few miles from Augusta.

In doing an Internet search for Augusta, Ga., I learned that there are a lot of "haunted" place in the city, including sighting on a particular street that includes Augusta State University and two hotels. I'm quite excited to explore all those places.

There is also a cemetary said to have Soldiers from the Civil War buried there. When I go to explore I promise to take pictures.

In the same theme, we are next to a town call Harlem (much nicer than the first one that pops into your head!). We had the chance to explore it about two weeks ago and I happened to have my camera with me. I absolutely fell in love with this house which was actually for rent, but I am sure way out of our price range. What do you think?



I am a sucker for plantation/colonial/antebellum style. Unfortunately my dear husband could care less for it. He is more into Spanish/Mediteranian styles. {Sigh} I wonder who will win when it comes time to build our dream home, but sadly, I usually cave.

Well, as our adventures continue I will keep you posted!

Until our next cup of tea ...

7 Tea Party Guest:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Ohhhh, I love it. It seems you and I have the same taste. Don't care for the Spanish style. But do love the old Farm house, plantation style house. Unfortunately I got stuck with a 70's Ranch style...sigh....

Vee said...

Wow! That place would totally take my eye, too. Sounds as if you are settling in and getting adjusted. That's a good, good thing.

Sue said...

Michelle,
Oh my gosh - it's lovely! I also like the old farmhouse or plantation style home and thankfully Ron and I share the same taste. When we are out driving in the rural areas, we love seeing the tidy, white farmhouses which dot the country with their rocking chairs on the wrap around porches, and tire swings hanging from the giant oaks.
And yet, even though you and George don't agree on the type of home you live in, you certainly are together on what should dwell within it's walls. That is evident in everything you write about him-and your life together.
Many blessings my friend.

stitcherw said...

Sounds like you're getting things settled in your new place and starting to get out exploring. I've visited GA a couple times, my brother and SIL lived there. It had so many interesting and fun sites to see. Have fun checking everything out.
Sue

lime said...

i like the porch. i can handle almost any style as long as it has a porch. and i mean roofed porch, not a deck (though decks are nice).

kbug said...

Wow...what a beautiful house. I, too, have a weakness for older homes with wraparound porches and lots of character. Being a southern girl myself, I love the feel of plantation homes and farm and ranch houses. They're beautiful, yet practical. My mil has a home over 100 years old just 45 minutes outside of Dallas that we visit often...complete with wraparound porch, huge windows, 10-foot ceilings, and lots of space. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Would love to see what it looks like inside.
Nancy