CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

October 11, 2008

One of kind ... like my husband

O.k. I've spent forever looking but cannot find the post I was looking for ... so let me explain. During the first deployment (Afghanistan) I commissioned a piece of art for George, given to him upcon his return. It was entitled, Homefront Guardian, and done by a military spouse artist whom I had interviewed for the newspaper when she did a piece depicting New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. (If you click on it to enlarge, you see that Sgt. Major has the SGM rank on his collar.)



His reaction was much better than I expected. He really loved it and pointed it out to anyone who came to visit over the next year. So this deployment, I wanted to do something that he would enjoy just as much. The spouse of his Battalion's previous commander gave me the name of another military spouse artist who could recreate anything using the person name or a word or phrase. To be more specific she creates a picture by writing a word over and over in different ways to give depth and demension. I had it framed and gave it to George last week, after it was decided that he would be put on the unit's rear detachment to be with his father who had been diagnosed with terminal cancer.



Go ahead, click on the picture for a closer look. If you'd like the artist's contact information, just leave your email address and I'll send it to you.

I also had one done with my name using a picture of one of my grandmother's teacups. I'll post it when I get it framed.



Until our next cup of tea ...

4 Tea Party Guest:

Sue said...

I love this. I'm so thankful that George is now part of the rear detachment, but so sorry for the reason why.
Hugs my friend,
Sue

stitcherw said...

Wow, both pieces are awesome. They are great, and wonderful recognition pieces.
Sue

smilnsigh said...

Wow!

Miss Mari-Nanci

ABW said...

I love it! I wonder if she could make a tank out of Gunner's name.....