CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

May 18, 2008

I'm trying a new approach ...

Have you ever hurt someone you really cared for out of fear? Well I feel like crap because I did. Not to go into all the details, but sometimes it's easier for me to lash out at those close to me when I get scared of losing control and the closer you are the harder and faster I attack. I feel so bad ... I hope I haven't messed things up. I take total responcibility for my actions, but I don't know what to do. I guess I'll have to take baby steps and humbly ask for forgiveness ... UGH! It is so much easier to run away, but I must be a big girl about it!

5 Tea Party Guest:

lime said...

a sincere and humble apology is a good start. hugs. hope it works out.

Sue said...

Michelle,
I agree - sincerity when you apologize is what makes the difference. And then, my friend, maybe even before the apology, remember to forgive yourself, ok? Sometimes that's the hardest part.
Hugs,
Sue

Joyce said...

I'd say "just be honest with them" tell them how you felt and why you did what you did and your heart regarding the issue.
I think that will help but of course....since apologies as well.
Sorry to hear about your situation and your right...you can be a "big girl" about it.
I hope all will work out well for you and your friend!
Joyce

Alice said...

Yes, definitely apologize. It really can make all the difference. A person who cares about you will forgive you and understand the circumstances.

smilnsigh said...

I'm so sorry this deployment is being so tough on you.

I'm very ashamed of myself, for disappearing.

I understand lashing out at the closest.

I understand weakness, when what we project, is strength.

I repeat, I am ashamed of myself for disappearing. Better to have stayed, even not knowing what to write. Than to disappear...

Mari-Nanci
My entry today