CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

May 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary from Across the Big Pond!

Happy 4th Anniversary My Love!

Yesterday I enjoyed my anniversary gift ... my husband treated me to a spa day. Here's the story ...

At 9 a.m. a stretched while limo pulled up in front of my father-in-law's house. After a short ride i arrived at the day spa. After my initial consulation, and changing into a robe, the fun began.

First there was a seaweed wrap ... there are a few times when being covered in green goo is actually relaxing, this was one of those times.

After a relazing warm shower to remove all of the mud, i was treated to a full body massage, after Wednesday's activiites, it was much needed, but that story is another post.

Then came lunch. I had chicken salad on cresent roll with ceasar salad catered from Le Madeline in Houston. It was served in this tiny little lavender alcove, with a natural wood table and candles. It was closed off by a sheer curtains. Absolutely wonderful.

After lunch came the facial ... they kept saying I had good hair and my skin was quite healty, but I really don't put much work into anything other than my hair. But I digress ... so I had a facial ... first she put some citrus smelling stuff on and put me under a steamer. Then she massaged my face and neck and put a mask on. Afterwards, she finished with a cooling cream moisturizer ... absolute heaven.

Next came the pedicure and manicure, which was just as wonderful. I talked the George through most of it, but it was fun and i got a beautiful ruby read polish which is different from my usual princess pinks. I even got timy little flowers on my toes!

Last was my favorite part ... hair cut and color. I absolutely loved the hair dresser and wanted to put him in my pocket and take him home but the end of the day. I got carmel highlights in my hair, which I'd had a few years ago and George loved. then a trim and style and I was almost done.

I got my make up done just as the limo showed up to take me to Gordon and Mindy, George's childhood friend and his fiance for dinner. We went to Benihana (Yummy!) and I ended to day catching up with them and drinking mojitos. Definately an amazing day!

Until our next cup of tea ...




Editor's Note: Photo added after initial post. It was taken at the end of the spa day.

9 Tea Party Guest:

lime said...

happy anniversary to you both how thoughtful and sweet of george to make such arrangements for you in his absence.

smilnsigh said...

Awwww, that was so sweet of George!

Happy Anniversary to the both of you.

Sooo sweet of him. Oooops, I said that. :-) Well, it was.

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

stitcherw said...

What an awesome day, and what a wonderful present he arranged for you to have. Happy anniversary to you both. As to your earlier post, they do say that we treat those we love the most the worst. Unfortunately it isn't right but it does happen. I'm sure they'll understand when you sit down and talk to them, as hard as that will be. {{hugs}}
Sue

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! What a wonderful gift you received! :)

Alice said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Your spa day sounds ideal, absolutely perfect. Isn't it great to be married to a guy who knows exactly what pleases you.

Vee said...

What a wonderful gift! Happy Anniversary to both of you!!

kbug said...

Sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful day...the only thing missing was your hubby. Ah, but he'll be there for your anniversary next year..... :)

Kimmie said...

That's fantastic!!!!!!

Happy anniversary!!!

ancient one said...

You have a good man there... that was really a special anniversary gift...Congratulations to you both!!