CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

December 8, 2007

Christmas thoughts ...

It's hard to believe George has been gone nearly two weeks now. Somedays it seems like eternity and others it seems like it was just yesterday. The trick to getting through it, I've found, is staying busy. It keeps your mind from dwelling on the seperation.

I have been really busy with school, but I am really hoping to get done soon because I am really wanting to start on my Christmas crafts. I'm not really in the Christmas spirit yet and I am looking forward to just doing something that will be stress-free, unless you count trying to pick an ornament to do. :)

Christmas is usually my FAVORITE times of the year. I make homemade Victorian ornaments for our red, white and gold tree, I love wrapping the presents I've collected over the year and look forward to trying new holiday dished, but this year is a little different.

It's not that I am dreading a holiday without George, I'm facing that head on. I'm a bit worried about those family holiday parties. I have some family members who love drama and a good cry at Christmas has promise of that and then there are others who like to drink and talk about sad things. Either way, I'm a likely target. Ugh!

Well, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I'm off to package Christmas packages. That promises to be a delightful post!

Until our next cup of tea ...

12 Tea Party Guest:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are doing all the right things: looking after yourself, staying busy and carrying on with life. I can see why you might look at some family gatherings with some apprehension - good luck with that!

Grimstarr said...

You know where I'm at. I'll drink and talk about stupid things ... like how low cut your blouse is or how many beers I can drink before you get done with your first glass of water or cup of coffee. You know ... anything for a BFF. Talk to you later sugar.
TG

Marine Wife said...

You'll get through it...just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Just remember it's a roller coaster ride and there is no wrong way to feel at any given time!

lime said...

well, i know your family is pretty large, so i say avoid the drama prone members and prepare some respectfully curt responses for the ones who poke before you turn and head to the ones who are drama and poke-free.

stitcherw said...

Good luck dealing with all the get togethers. Being apart for the holidays would be hard anyway, hopefully you can avoid the family members that may say or do things to make it even more stressful for you. {{hugs}}
Sue

Alice said...

I agree with what Lime said above, have some set responses ready and don't let anyone draw you into their drama.

I do hope you'll show some of the ornaments you're making or have made. I'd love to see them.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I would love to see the Victorianornaments. As if you donot have enough to do hop over to my blog http://daisy bouquet.blogspot.com and read the Victorian Christmas story I have going. Mary

Meari said...

Hopefully the holidays with family won't be drama filled. I'm lucky in that I don't have that. Good luck with finishing your classes. I just finished mine last night, and was browsing online to sign up for next semester.

Darla said...

Just checking on my blog friends this afternoon. I hope the family get togethers go well for you. Sometimes it helps to just leave the room, Go outside. Breathe.

Darla

Sandra said...

You'll get through it, I also found that if I stuck to my routine and kept busy the days went by faster.....however the nights and the weekends were just awful for me. Just stay busy as much as you can!

I pray that this time goes by fast for you!

Sandra

Sue said...

Keeping you in thought and prayer. And hoping that people will try to realize that cheerfulness is a better thing than being sad. We're all with you - and we are with George too. You have the right idea about keeping busy - may God bless you with His peace and tender care.
Hugs,
Sue

smilnsigh said...

It doesn't seem as if you _have_ to be Part Of Their Sad Fun. Maybe as simple a thing as geting up and going to the bathroom, whenever the topic becomes... Let's Cry About Poor Rose Michelle...

Maybe, someone will catch on...

Then again, probably not.

So take a couple of really fun paperback books with you and use them, to wile away the *Bathroom Escape Time.*

Sounds silly, but short of not going to the family gatherings at all, it might be a way to preserve your sanity...

Mari-Nanci