CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

December 12, 2007

Getting settled in ...

Well, I've been away a while and still will be for the next few days, I've got half my papers done. This week has been a rollercoaster. There were issues with the mailing address and we were told to hold off sending carepackages, then it was fixed and now we can send them, but they probably won't make it for Christmas. The Soldiers are in their final location and now it all begins.

It's hard to believe he's been gone for almost a month now, but other days it seems as if he left only yesterday.

I think I'm finally getting into my own routine and coming home to the puppy knowing he won't be coming through the door is not so hard.

The puppy has gotten into his deployment routine too. He snuggles more, follows me everywhere and has finally (thank God!) stopped begging for food. He knows we walk when I get home, he goes out for the final time at 10 p.m. and if he tried to wake me in the night, I will left the covers and he can crawl in next to me! It's a rough life.

He has been a little testy trying to push my patiences, but as soon as I get this homework done, I can spend more time with him. For a while he was sleeping on a pile of George's clothes, but i eventually put them in the washer and folded them for the last time for a while.

I'm very excited that I leave to go home next week. I can't wait. I've got my calendar full of Christmas dinner and hanging with friends ... a I'll make time to sqeeze in a little shopping!

Well back to the books.

Until our next cup of tea ...

11 Tea Party Guest:

ancient one said...

Yes, gotta keep those grades up! I know you miss your husband so much. My cousin is over there and she's missing her husband so much. They were married about 4 months before she had to go back.

Yep, those were Boer Goats. My husband raises them to "look at"..LOL at least that's what I tell him. He does sell a few from time to time. We don't ask questions, but I'm sure some are eaten, but not by us...LOL

Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment. I hope you will have a Blessed Christmas!

Your husband and all our service men/women are in our prayers!!

Vee said...

You're a student, too? Wow! So much on your plate. I'm happy to see that you are settling into some semblance of normal even as I understand perfectly well that there's nothing "normal" about it. I am also glad that you have a little furbaby to care for and to look after you, too. Keeping you and George in my prayers.

lime said...

well i am glad things have settled a bit and i hope your trip and visit home are special and wonderful for you.

Sheila said...

Routine really helps, and the puppy will make sure you have one. I hope you enjoy the time spent with your friends, and shopping...well that helps most things I find..!
hugs
xx

Alice said...

Don't you find it unbelievable when someone comments on a bulldog that they are ugly or that they have faces only a mother could love? I hear this often when I walk Seamus. It makes no sense to me. I think they are beautiful. Seamus has been sleeping in my bed. I can tell how cold it is by how close he cuddles. And if his head is up close to mine, sleeping on my pillow, it is reallllly cold. Give your puppy a kiss from me. :)

Sue said...

Puppies are a wonderful thing - soft, and warm, and loving. And he is missing George too. Will he go with you when you travel?
Hoping that your homework is done quickly and that you can leave that behind for a little bit. I'm sorry that the soldiers won't receive their Christmas packages in time...maybe they will - we can hope, Michelle.
Prayers for George and for his troops and for you - so many for you, and for puppy. He's adorable.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you and the puppy are settling in. Sometimes I think it's harder on our animals than we imagine - they can't reason why someone just drops out of their life for periods of time.

smilnsigh said...

Thank you for the update. Sorry about the mailing address issues.

I'm glad both you and the Sargent Major are getting into your routines. How sweet that he was sleeping in a pile of George's clothes. Poor doggies, they can't really understand.

I hope you get all your studying done, and can fully enjoy being home for a while. And I hope all of that, goes smooth as ice! :-)

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

stitcherw said...

I'm glad that you are being able to get into a routine. Hopefully that will help both Sgt. Major and yourself. Good luck with finishing the papers and classes. It will be nice when they are done and behind you so you have a little more time for the various Christmas functions. Have a good time on your visit home.
Sue

smilnsigh said...

I'm back again because I think I remember that you love the look of old fashioned 'towers,' on houses.

And I just put a picture on my Photos-City-Mine blog, which I think you will like to see. :-)

And my yesterday's picture, is kind of cute too.

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

Meari said...

Good to hear that you're getting into a routine. Love the pic of Sgt Major! :)