CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

December 2, 2007

I'm doing fine, thank you for asking ...

Every military spouse I have talked to has agreed on one thing ... no two deployments are the same and although I'm only a week into this one, I must agree.

Maybe a year does make a difference, but I feel more at peace, more serene this time around. I'm not saying that I don't worry, but I'm not anxious like last time. Maybe it's because my life is calmer, or that I have more control over my schedule. My job is amazing, the command staff really understand and respect me. School is a little hectic right now, I have 15 days to write 11 papers, but nothing that a few lat nights can't handle. KG and the rest of my support team (a big part of which are fellow bloggers) are amazing. I had a lot of people here on post last time and much of the time I felt like a butterfly, flying from one to another but always feeling restless, like there was something or someone else who was being neglected, but not so much now.

It's my pace, my plan on my own time. I make the rules and I like it. Its a great chance for me to take the time to do things that I've always wanted to do, but obligations and life got in the way. Now, I feel more free, more in control. And we all know, I LOVE control!

Until our next cup of tea ...

5 Tea Party Guest:

Alice said...

Fifteen days to write eleven papers? I was hoping that you had things to help you relax a bit but that doesn't sound relaxing at all! No, I know you love to write and do it so well that it might even be...fun? I'm glad to hear that you're doing okay.

lime said...

well i am glad yo ufeel more at peace this time. that's a helluva a lot of writing to accomplish! yowza.

glad to hear you are gaining support from all your commenters too. :)

smilnsigh said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so well, at the present. Good, good, good!

But remember, any time you might get down... No I do not wish this on you! I simply know that we all are human and we all do get down sometimes, no matter how we try not to. So anyway, remember that you can always vent here.

Oh I'm sure you know this very well, and dont' need me to tell you. :-) But... Anyway... I said it. :-))

And how about a report on getting over the dental surgery? Please. You know I fret and I'd really like to hear you say that that's cool too. :-)

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you are making the best of the situation.

Sue said...

Prayer and trust...my two best friends during Laurie and Stephen's deployments. Hoping that those are your constant companions too...