CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

December 23, 2007

Holiday craze begins ...

Myspace Christmas Graphics
Myspace Christmas Graphics


Well, the holidays are here. As much as I've been avoiding them, I think I'm read. If nothing else, I've had a lot to do. My friends are determined to keep me busy.
On Thursday night, a friend, MO, came to visit. Her husband and mine worked together and became close friends during the last deployment. We've become closer in the past few months. She and her son whom I shall call "Rowdy" ame to visit for the Battalion's Christmas Party Friday morning. Rowdy and Sgt. Major ran each other ragged. She's was yelling "Stop running!" I was yelling "Stop humping!" It was a holiday tradition in the making.

After finally getting Rowdy to bed and Sgt. Major rashed in his kennel, we stayed up until after 2 a.m. chatting and laughing until we realized both "hildren" would be up early and if we were going to be able to umpire, we'd need sleep. The night was uneventful, although she said Sgt. Major did crawl into bed with them at some point. Silly guy!

The party was fun, they had all kinds of food and games for the kids, even Santa, but I was intrquied the single cup coffee maker. Small things, I guess!
After the party, we went back to the house where they packed for the drive back to Houston. I finished paking for our trip and spent a little time with our favorite neightbors who were PCSing (moving). Their girls were sad to say goodbye to Sgt. Major. It was sad, but I managed to not cry. Those girls were a bright spot on a dark day and it was sad to see our friends leave.

We left shortly after they did, Sgt. Major driving me CRAZY once he saw that his bags were packed.

After a brief vet visit, where we got meds for an ear infection and skin infaction. There have been some heavy rainstorms at the installation the past few weeks and the rain sits on the ground and that causes problems for him.

We finally got to Houston at about 6:20 p.m. I was exhausted and still had a party that night, but eventually realized that I would not be good company so called my friend and said I'd take her to lunh for hr birthday later this week.

It seemed like every mile closer to "home" was hard and eventually I cried because it is beginning to be real that George will not be home for Christmas. It's harder than I thought, but I've just got to get through the next 7 days.

I unloaded the truck and fell asleep on the sofa by 8 p.m. I woke up at 9 a.m. with a brighter outlook on Saturdat. I'll write about it later, but breakfast just arrived thanks to my father-in-law (and Waffle House).

Until our next cup of tea,



Editor's note: Mari-Nanci and others who are wondering ... yes, Sgt. Major goes everywhere with me, but my family as well as unit activities and such do not allow him, so he stays with Grandpa or at Grandpa's house when we go to George's cousin's house for their holiday party. He is very spoiled and loves his grandpa. He even gets presents from our friends, but that's a story for later.

4 Tea Party Guest:

smilnsigh said...

My thoughts go to you, during this time. I'm sure it will be hard. It has to be.

But I so hope, there will be times for fun and silly laughter and etc., when you do feel good, or better anyway. Every little one of those, helps.

And I'm confused... Does the Sgt. Major go on the trip, with you? But has to stay away from gatherings with all the kids, and etc.? I ask, because you said {in some entry} you are "not allowed to bring your dog."

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

stitcherw said...

Glad to hear you had a good time with your friend, it does sound like it would have been fun listening to the two of you trying to keep her son and Sgt. Major in line during the day. :)

I hope you are able to enjoy yourself with your family, even though it will be incredibly hard with George gone. {{hugs}}
Sue

lime said...

i'm glad yo uhave good friends who are looking out for you. wishing yo ua very merry christmas and praying for you and george both.

Sue said...

Oh to be a fly on the wall during those skirmishes between Rowdy and Sgt. Major. I love it.
Keeping you and George in thought and prayer. Hoping that you are surrounded by family and friends during this season. I have a feeling you are a remarkable young woman. May God keep your heart at peace and may George be in His constant care.
Hugs,
Sue