CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

September 15, 2007

What a week!!

What an exhausting, yet exhilarating week. I started my new job on Monday and I must say that it is one of the best decisions made in the recent months. Don't get me wrong, I liked working at the newspapers, but I get to interact with so many, and I feel like I am doing something that will help others.

This week I actually spent a lot of time playing catch up. I met so many people that my head is spinning. I am trying to get my office, or at least desk area organized. As I recently posted, I am "freakishly" organized and the battalion command team is quite impressed. In fact, the commander said that if I get too bored I am more than welcome to help the XO turn his "room" into and "office."

At first the command sergeant major scared me a little, but something I did in the last week made me worthy of more than mere grunts in response to my greeting, and I've been told that is rare. He appears to be one of those gruff, no nonsense kinds of Soldiers that thinks we are too soft in today's generation, so I'm waiting for his "approval" to be "revoked."

I want to thank everyone for their attendance at my "tea parties." I had actually planned to write a post a day last week, but I lost Internet one day and yesterday I was sooo tired when I got home, I vegged out on the sofa until my husband dragged me off to bed at 10 p.m. I plan to stop by all of your "tea parties" and see if there are any "leftovers."

Today George and I went to Lake Charles and got a fondue set. We were quite excited, so once we stopped by the store to pick up chocolate and fruit, washed all of the lovebugs off of my truck (wait until I post about that - grrr!) we headed home to test it out.

It was definately not the romantic interlude that we thought it was be, it was more trial and error as we tried to figure it out. But tonight, we'll "Google" it and try to find a good recipe sice we grocery shop on Sunday. We are definately doing chicken and steak, but I want to find a cool cheese dip to go with it versus just plain cheese. If you have any ideas, drop me a note. For now, I am going to rest. I am complete chocolate overload. I know Lime, I'm baffled too. I didn't know it was possible, but at least I had fruit with it ... that makes it healthy!

Until our next cup of tea ...

8 Tea Party Guest:

Marine Wife said...

How funny! I just came back from a night out with some girlfriends. We went to a fondue place. Then I came back to see your post. Eerie!

Joyce at Salisburys Corner said...

sounds like an awesome new job!

lime said...

chocolate overload is a rare but very real state. itoccured forme when i orderd chocoalte pancakes at an IHOP, expecting regular batter with chips sprinkled in. it was chocolate batter, with choc. chips, covered in choc. sauce and whipped cream....for breakfast. i went into shock if i recall correctly.

as fr the cheese fondue dip....

1 cup of heavy cream
1/4 cup of white wine.

heat just until it bubbles then slowly add 10 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar cheese stirring in between batches added until it melts.....good stuff, trust me....

lime said...

also forgot to mention...somethign is making your site lock up a little bit when it is loading.

Grimstarr said...

Glad you are having a great time at the new job, freak. Are you tired of it yet? Miss me enough to come back yet? No? Okay ... just asking. Laters Chicka.
TG

Meari said...

I have a fondue set that I've never used because I can't find the little fuel cans! Your chocolate meal looks yummy.

Glad you like your new job.

ABW said...

We love fondue! A friend got me an electric one, and we haven't used it lately but I think I am going to get it out this week and have some. We love cheese fondue....kids don't need that much sugar befor bed, but I do!

Anonymous said...

LOL! When my 1st wife and I got married we received 13 (not a misprint!) fondue sets (was probably the harbinger of doom!). Funny that what goes around, comes around!