CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

July 2, 2007

Spoke too soon ...

O.k. so it's been a day or so since I last stopped in ... that's because when I was chatting about the ease of recovery, I was setting myself up for failure.

On Saturday, I had some sort of reaction to the pain meds, or at least that is the best that we can figure. The dosage may have been too much or something, because I could not keep anything down - which is hard to do when your mouth is filled with stitches. It was the most painful experience. On top of that, I can't eat anything other than soft foods, so there was really nothing in my stomach leaving me with painful dry heaving.

I didn't feel sick until late Saturday night, but I was already stir-crazy that morning, so we went in search of a sofa. George and i have been working on making our house a home and recently recarpeted the livingroom (Army housing is not all that decorative or comfortable.) So after much negotiating (Goerge is GOOD) we got a sectional that can convert, meaning the side do not attach, so if we go to a installation with smaller livingroom, the pieces can be seperated and they are finished. Not only did we get a sofa with sleeper, but we got two recliners with a console, so it looks like theater seats. The wedge is COMFORTABLE, I've already taken a three hour nap in it. AND ... since George is so good a negotiating, we got a FREE chaise lounge. On top of it, we used a company that takes old furniture, fixes it and donated to Soldiers in need. Take a look ...




It's a beautiful mircrofiber browns. The chaise is perfect for ... you got it STITCHING or reading. It is comfortable for working on the computer, doing homeowrk, etc.

On the stitching note, I did get some done this weekend, regardless of not feeling well. Here's an update.



It's about 80 percent done, but I'm not sure how I want to finish it yet. I'm excited to finish it and hope to get it done over the next week. Well I'm gonna try to eat something now ...

5 Tea Party Guest:

lime said...

you poor thing. that sounds absolutely awful!

Cheryl said...

Oh no, that sounds awful! I hope you feel better soon. Those chairs look so comfy! Your stitching is very pretty

stitcherw said...

Nice progress on the flowers, they are looking lovely. Your couch looks very comfy too, glad you got such a good deal. I'm sorry that you've been feeling so bad, getting sick when your mouth is like that would be awful. Hope you feel better soon. {{hugs}}.
Sue

Carla said...

great progress on your piece and that couch looks very comfy you are right it's perfect for stitching :)
Hope your feeling better now!

Meari said...

Very nice digs... errr... furniture!! :D It looks very comfty!