CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

July 16, 2007

Keeping busy is the key!

Sorry, if I haven’t stopped in your page this weekend. I had class, Early Cold War. As far as school goes it’s not too bad.

The Army works hard to ensure that the needs of Soldiers and their families are met and in most cases they do not apply to George and I as most are for kids. There are quite a few Mommy and Me, toddler playtime and other programs here on post. Even the older kids have summer camps and sports clinics. It’s really amazing, but I digress.

I’m not sure when the Education Program started but I know it has been a while. What they did was set up satellite schools from various universities where installation residents can earn a variety of degrees.

I am particiating in the Lousiana State University Liberal Arts: Military History Master’s Program. It has been great. We have three weekends of class, 9 a.m.- 4p.m., spread over about six weeks, depending on the Soldier’s rotation here and then turn in between 3-5 reports on topics covering that era. Then the class is over and you start the next one. You usually have until the end of the semester to have the work turned in. Not bad.

I am taking three classes right now, one independant study so I am writing a 20-page paper ona narrowed topic. After that I only have three more. Yeah! Looks like I’ll finish and graduate next May.

For those of you who love crafts, the installtion’s Directoriate of Morale, Welfare and Recreation also offers craft classes, although I haven’t been able to attend many because of work, family support group and school, I am definately looking forward to it, after I finish my masters. I think it’ll give me something to do during the upcoming deployment.

Sorry Lime, there are no tie-dye classes, but I'll let you know if i am successful in starting one. Well back to the books, a mind is a terrible thing to waste (and so are TV commercials!)

4 Tea Party Guest:

Darla said...

Good for you! I love to learn new things. I think the thing that draws me to crafts and creativity is the learning process.

Darla

lime said...

LOL @ the special note for me. you crack me up. funny you should mention it. i just bought supplies for 50 kids to do tie dyeing next week at our church's VBS program, hehehehe

Grimstarr said...

Let me say this up front ... George, you have nothing to worry about. I am not trying to hit on your wife. Now. You impress the fuck out of me babe. Not only are you beautiful, you are intelligent, organized and driven and I am in awe of you. I wanna be you when I grow up ... but I ain't sleeping with George. You are graduating in MAY? Where the fuck have I been? Congratulations and thanks for helping me out with that whole turning-off-half-the-sign-thing. See you in a few. MUWAH!
TG

stitcherw said...

Good luck with your classes, sounds like they will certainly keep you busy.
Sue