CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

July 9, 2007

Craft Corner: Got a lot to be done ...

Editor's note: At the end of each month I will update this post with the changes for the next month. I will also make a link to it in each month's monthly goal list. At the end of the year, we'll all see what kind of progress I have made. List compiled and originally published 1/28/07 @ 4:36 p.m.

O.k. so it's been a while since I posted my list of craft projects to be finished, but with my recent oral surgery, I had some time to re-evaluate things and get a little work done. So here it is ... my mighty list of procratination.

To be "finished" (meaning framed, made into pillows, etc.):
1. Frame 4-Heart lace square Completed Feb. 2007
2. Frame Freedom in different languages
3. Complete Christmas wreath pillow
4. Frame embroidery samples (2)
5. Frame purple quilt block

To be stitched, sewn or otherwise completed:
1. Sew and stuff childhood Lion (it is one of those "panels" you buy at the fabric store and sew together. My mom bought it and never did it, so I decided I would do it.)
2. Stitch "stained-glass" nameplate
3. Stitch roly poly Santas (these are really cute, but I lost the motivation when I came home from work and found that Sgt. Major had chewed it up. I was able to salvage most however.)
4. Stitch Victorian nativity
5. Stitch rose quilt blocks
6. Complete pink and blue lap quilt (this is actually on hold because I don't have a sewing machine. I started it when I was in college and would use one of my mom's three sewing machines.)
7. stitch Humpty Dumpty bib
8. Stitch large Red, White and Blue Ribbon
9. Stitch Love, Honor and Cherish centerpieces (these were actually centerpieces for my wedding, but the Army had other places and we never had the ceremony. Now I am tring to finish them as decorative placemats for the kitchen.)
10. Stitch SAL ornaments (I started these as a monthly stitch-along project with my online stitching group, but the deployment, work and school left me very little time.)
11.Stitch "God Bless Me" crib set (I was making these for my stepsister's second child, when I stopped by for a visit and saw that the set I made for her first child was now being used as a dog bed. Needless to say, she lost any future stitching presents.)
12. Stitch "Welcome to our Home" lace circle.
13. Stitch Easter Bunny and Egg (this is a project my mom bought for me to make her. I wasn't really excited about it, so I have been pushing it aside for nearly five years now.)
14. Stitch Army Seal
15. Stitch Daisy tabletopper
16. Stitch "Tea for Two" towel Completed Feb. 2007 – a few fellow stitchers suggested that I add some small flowers under the text, so if I find something I like, this piece may make another appearance later this year.
17. Stitch "Recipe for Love" sampler



This is the "recipe of Love" sampler I worked on while driving back and forth to Houston this past weekend. This was the last time I posted progress, so as you can see I've gotten very little done, but I plan on working on it over the next few weeks in between studying for school. We'll see how far I get.

5 Tea Party Guest:

Cheryl said...

I really like your sampler! Wow, that's quite a list there, good luck!

Barbara J said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. Got an impressive list of to-dos.

Sampler's looking fine.

Meari said...

That's quite a list, Michelle. Good luck with getting it all done!

stitcherw said...

Good luck with your list. Recipe is looking very pretty. In looking at the previous picture I can see that you've made some lovely headway. Even though it may not have been as much as you'd like, it has moved forward. Looking forward to seeing even more progress.
Sue

Lelia said...

goodness, quite a list there GF! Lovely 'recipe' project. Looking forward to your next progress pic