CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

September 29, 2006

Foot Fettish No. 2: Speaking on their behalf

Some of you may know that I have a special place in my heart for animals. In fact, I am a believer that if children are allowed, pet should be allowed, especially if they are well behaved and socially trained. Many of you may not know however, that as often as possible we try to put Pet Pix (featuring adoptable pets) in the paper where I work. I don't understand why if a child is not adopted they can stay in the "system" but animals are euthanized after a few weeks. Where is the humanity in that. Dog is man's best friend, yet if he cannot find a home, he is killed.
This week's foot fetish features the "paw-fect" companions, looking for a home here at Fort Polk. I am not a cat person, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve the same affection I would give a dog. I just like being the princess and cats like to demand the attention.
The facility here is overrun with kittens, three abandoned at two weeks old. How can you look at their faces and not care?

1 Tea Party Guest:

my life.... said...

u know that i blogged abt this on animal abuse today? i too have my love for animals esp my 4 cats....i am glad that u share the same frequency as me in animal abuse