CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

August 26, 2006

Happy Birthday My Love

Today is George's birthday and it is hard to know that he has the "celebrate" in Afghanistan. We don't really do anything "special" for our birthdays, but we do spend time together and I miss that. I did get him a birthday present and he said he got it, so I can tell you what I got him.
We are big fans of comedy, often going to the Laff Stop Comedy Club in Houston, so I got him both CDs from our favorite comedian, Mike Birbiglia. We've been to a show in Houston and it would be the best Christmas present ever if he could be home for the December shows.
I had the chance to briefly talk to him today and he sounds a bit tired, but then again it was nearly 1 a.m. his time. Like the rest of the Soldiers he is ready to come home, but they know they have a job to do and are dedicated to making sure to complete the task at hand.
I was hoping to give him a reminder of home, so I made him this montage of pictures. Check it out:
View this video montage created at One True Media
Missing you

2 Tea Party Guest:

lime said...

wonderful montage, michelle. i hope he has a happy birthday (as happy as it can be) and may her return safely to you that next year's birthday more than makes up for this one.

Anonymous said...

**sung slightly (okay, a lot) off key** Happy Birthday to George, Happy Birthday to George, Happy Birthday to Geoooooorge, and may he come home soon! Hang in there michelle. It won't be long
Tommy