CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

April 27, 2006

One day at a time ...

I know I haven't posted in a while. I have had a rough couple of weeks, holidays and such. I have done a little stitching, even completing a ornament for the SAL I am in, although not the one originally planned. I keep saying "I'll post tomorrow," but it never happens.
We (unit families) recently received word that they are limiting what can be posted on blogs so it makes it a little difficult about what I can put up there (service members already have to have their o.k.'d by their military branch). I did write something over the holiday weekend, but have to transcribe it as I didn't have a computer.
With work, school, volunteering and trying to spend time with the puppy, I am spreading myself way too thin.
I also feel really bad because my mom is driving me crazy, although unintentionally. She wasn't really a fan of George until he deployed and now she is all about care packages and stuff. I mean at Christmas she gave him food from her pantry and clothes from my stepfather's closet, but now she goes out of her way to buy him magazines. I think it just gets to me and I wonder how long she will keep it up after he returns and the novelty of having deployed son-in-law wears off. I guess I should just let it go, but she recently joined the Blue Star Moms and told the group I "wasn't doing so well." That kind of bothered me too. She never had the time to visit before he left, but she was up here the first two weekends after he left. I just don't get it.
I think the hardest part is going home to my family though. They just don't get it. To them George is never there except holidays, they aren't living it.
My saving grace has been my friend Elissa though. She and James are friends from college and although they are stationed at another military installation, her husband is also deployed. He's been gone for a few months so I really rely on her to comfort me when I need it and tell me to suck it up and drive on when I need that. I have really gotten to the point where I just want to be left alone and i think some of the other spouses in the unit may worry about me. But I am taking it one day at a time, and for now that's all I can do.

1 Tea Party Guest:

Megan said...

can you send me to the information about what you're allowed to post and what you're not? and what do soldiers have to do to get their things approved? thanks!