CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

February 27, 2006

Craft Corner: Article, Progress, Mags & More ...

Hi all, This might be fun! I am hoping to write and article (I work at an Army paper) about the history of needlework to include ... cross stitching (among others). I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get some background history on the art. I have to show my editor the outline within 1o days, so I have a little bit of time. Email me privately or post here on my blog. Once I get the article published (I'm optomistic) I'll put a copy here for you all to read!

Well here is an update of a trade I'm doing. I don't think its a secret, the stitcher I am doing it for knows I'm doing it ... in fact she asked for it, just hasn't seen the design. It is going to be a needleroll for a fellow SNS2 stitcher, Jade.

I kinda took ideas from different patterns to make her something a little unique. I'll post more pics as I go along and then one after the final stitching. Since we are only swapping the stitching and the receiver will finish it, I'll ask her to send a picture once she puts it together.

I've never made one before, only having discovered them when she asked me to do it, so I'll be a little sad to see it go since this is the project that has kept me sane since my husband's preparations for deployment has go into high gear.

On the plus side, I kept notes of what I did so I may make one for myself in pink, since that is my favorite color.


This is a used book that I got recently and loved it. I had been looking for some script letters so that I could make some projects with our last name on it. It's always good to have letters for quick projects and you can never have too many.

I have already started on a project ... I know ANOTHER WIP! But I'll be finish in a day or so and post pics. I really need to get my WIPs list up-to-date and start setting goals. However ...

Here is the Cross Country Stitch magazines from Jeremiah Junction that I had ordered. If you remember in a previous post I had been looking for a project I started in college but lost when my father's house burned. A fellow stitcher, Chris, found it for me and it arrived today. As much as I'd love to get started on it, I have to get some other things finished first, but it'll go to the top of my "To Do" list.

Well as you can see, I've got my plate full, but there are some "regularly scheduled" things that I'll like to start doing here, just so I have something fun to look forward to like "web site of the week" and such. So keep checking back and until next time, HAPPY STITCHING!

0 Tea Party Guest: