CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

November 4, 2005

Craft Corner: Unfinished business ...

Some say that you'll never die with unfinished business. If this is true, then I'll be immortal ... at least when it comes to craft projects. In just cross stitch alone, it'll be a full-time job completing what I've started. I'm not complaining though, I have more than enough to do while George is deployed, and it was a definite salvation when Hurricane Rita knocked out the power. Once my family left, I alternated between working on finishing projects and studying.

Here's a list to show you what projects I am "aware" need competing ...
1. Patriotic Ribbon (this one I fell in love with and am planning on putting George's name and what Operation he deployed in and dates gone)
2. Easter Bunny (this is a project that my mom asked me to make for her. She had bought the pattern at one of the quilting conventions her business had a booth in ... five years ago ... I know, I agreed to do it beut didn't have my heart into it, but it should be finished soon as it is my current project.)
3. Plastic canvas Santas (these guys were too cute. I started them last year, but the season was over by the time I did presents, ornament exchanges and such.)
4. Rolly Polly Santas (same reason as above. They look like those weeble/wobble things ... adorable!)
5. Army Seal (got a little over my head on this one ... it was more intricate than I thought. I go back and work on it every so often, then put it away when I get burned out.)
6. "This is my beloved" (just needs to be made wither into a pillow or wall hanging ... haven't decided)
7. Wreath wall hanging ( same as above. I don't have a sewing machine so I have to wait until I visit my mom which is hard becasue she is on the road like 46 weeks a year.)
8. Victorian house (got distracted with the move to Fort Polk, just found it)
9. Bear in China Cabinet (had lost the book, but found it when cleaning the craft closet)
10. Nativity (having trouble with the color pattern, sometimes the symbols/colors run together and I have to walk away from it)
11. Rose pillow cases (I did a his/hers sweet dreams set, these I think were for a "guest besdroom" set I was working on)
12. Rose quilt blocks (same theme as above, I was going tot make a quilt)
13. Tea cup and saucer (I collect tea cups and saucers and was making this for our kitchen, it is really pretty with gold thread used throughout the pattern, I was trying to alter the pattern becasue it said "mom" and I'm not)
14. Victorian Shelf (very cute, looking for the book)
15. Angel (very pretty angel with its wings in a oval pattern)
16. Benjamin's bear bib ( this is for my infant cousin ... I made a few things for him for the baby shower and my aunt keeps finding news ones for me to make, I love her, but kinda got burned out on doing baby stuff since I'm not a parent or anything)
17. Humpty Dumpty bib (I just fell in love with this on and am making it for a friend who is due next month ... her husband and mine we both officers in the same company initially, not still in same battalion)
18. Love, Honor, Cherish (long story ... short version these were centerpieces for my wedding which the Army interrupted ... maybe it'll happen one day)
19. Daisy centerpiece (this is actually a new project, I am trying to make a centerpiece for each season, but other obligations keep coming up)
20. Stained glass name (very cute ... it is a "stained glass frame" with our last name in it ... I have to do the "math" on stitching our name because it is from two different patterns)
21. Four guardian angels (I am actually doing one for each of my nieces in their favorite color ... these are 2006 Christmas presents so no real rush ... very cute they are "tattered" angels that I found and changed the colors on)
22. Pink plastic Easter egg (This is very cute, I have an egg pattern that I am stitching on plastic canvas and will embellish with lace, beads, etc.)

I have no doubt that I will be more than busy over the next year as my husband is deployed "in country". I have never actually finished a project for ME, so I am looking forward to that. I am a bit too nice and when people admire my work or ask me to make them "one just like that" I end up giving mine away. Here's to saying no, this one's for me!

0 Tea Party Guest: