CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

November 4, 2005

Craft Corner: Looking for lost pattern

I started this cross-stitch when I was in high school. It was freedom in different languages, 12 I think. Anyway, this was as far as I got, before the magazine was lost when my father's house burned down. I had left very little at his house when I went o college, but there was a stack of old cross stitch magazines that I treasured.

I was given a stack of old magazines by a elderly lady in the church that were from 1980's and 1990's, I think it could have been in a Country Crossstitch Magazine, but not certain.

Anyway, there were about five projects that were incomplete and I was unable to find patterns afterwards, but this one was too beautiful to throw out. I'll frame it one day, even though I still search for this long ago published pattern so I can make a complete one. The project has resurfaced over the years and I found it again when I was unpacking after arriving at out current duty station.

I think that even if I do find it, I'll start a new one as this half-finished symbol of unified freedom has lives quite comfortably in my hope chest for many years as I waited for the perfect home to hand it in. What better place that an Army installation.

Now that I am married to a Soldier, I'd love to find the project and complete it for our home.

When I frame it and put it in its place, I'll post a photo, but until then ...

0 Tea Party Guest: