CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

September 22, 2005

Hurricane Update: I'm ready!

Well this morning it was announced that Lake Charles (LA) was being evacuated, which has caused widespread panic. People are beginning to hoard food, water and other supplies. I however am working and will not be able to get to the store until there are nothing but empty shelves and tired employees (yeah! another reason how a dual-working family gets screwed!) I have thought about the possibility of spending a few days stuck in my house with a very hyper puppy and no electricity. Since my husband is stuck in New York wondering if his wife will be o.k.
I know its hard for him because he is very protective of me and he worries a lot (which I loved and bask in on a daily basis.)
Anyway, with the possibility of pending imprisonment in my own home I have devised a plan of action.
Hopefully there will still be some water and food left, and yesterday I filled up my car and his truck has 1/2 tank, so we're fine there, but what people have not considered is ... being cooped up without electricity, therefore no television. (How will America get through without dying of boredom!)
I am now happy that I have stockpiled and hoarded a (walk-in) closet full of craft supplies and books. Yeah! Salvation.
Maybe this will be a chance for me to get some homework done and work on that long list of Christmas projects.
So to all of you who have mocked my ever-growing need to buy craft supplies for projects years down the road, remember this ... I will be happy and content grilling burgers on my gas grill and pleasantly occupied while you curse the storm for looking you in a home answering your children's questions over and over or staring across the kitchen table at your spouse, waiting to see who will blink first.
Oh yeah, I got some chocolate too!

0 Tea Party Guest: