CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

April 28, 2014

Favorite Creative Time of the Year!!

My favorite creative time of the year is here!! Teacher Appreciation Week is such an exciting time for me because I get to spend some creative energy making thank you gifts for my son's teachers. This is the start of his third year in school and I've had fun making presents in the past. This year I have to be careful, because he has a teacher that he had the first year. This week I will post instructions for simple, budget-friendly projects, but here are some I've done in the past.

 

This was a pretty cost friendly project. I was able to get clipboards at the Dollar Tree and the 12x12 inch scrapbook paper was about $0.60 each (2 needed for each board.) The most expensive thing was Mod Podge Glue, which is $5-$10 a bottle. I had some from a previous project, as well as sponge brushes. The time on this project was a little longer than the other projects, because I had to let each layer of Mod Podge dry before applying the next. I think I applied 3 or 4 layers, since the teachers would be using them in the classroom.
 

 

This was a fun one. I just filled a little basket with Hershey's Kisses & Hugs candy and A&W Rootbeer with the note, "AW-some teachers deserve HUGS & KISSES". They loved it!!


 

This project was fun and easy and my then-3-year-old was able to help. We got the drink bottles at Dollar Tree (honestly, most of my thrift finds come from there as it is the closest to where we live). I also picked up berry-flavored drink mixes. My little guy was very excited to be able to help by filling the bottles with the drink mixes. Then we added a note that said "You are "berry" special to me!"


 

Lastly, one of my favorite gifts whith everything coming from the Dollar Tree, is this flower pot filled with pencils which we glued flowers to and added flower seed packets and decorative butterflies and dragonflies. It had a note that said "Thank you for helping me to bloom!" 
 
 
I hope you'll take the time to thank the teachers in your life, whether its with a creative gift like this or just a note.

 

0 Tea Party Guest: