CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

September 18, 2012

Tea Time Tuesday: Join Me for Cup of Tea

So this week, I started participating in Pink Saturday again, a blog project that I completely enjoyed while husband was deployed to both Afghanistan and Iraq. I love all things pink (if you didn't know), but not nearly as much as all things "tea". Well, week 1 of my return to Pink Saturday has already gotten me into "trouble" because met a new blog friend who hosts a weekly Tea Time Tuesday. How exciting!

After much thought I finally decided which tea set to debut this new adventure with. There are so many teacups and a few tea sets in my collection, though displaying them has been hard thanks to Army life. Each one holds a special memory for me as we collected them along this journey called military life.

While I could start at the beginning and take you along my tea journey, I think I will break from my OCD nature (Yikes!!) and start with one near and dear to me ... the tea set my husband brought back for me after his first deployment to Afghanistan.



We'd been married a little more than a year when he found out he would be deploying, and when he returned just before Christmas 2006, he said that he'd gotten me something but it was being shipped back with his crates. Do you know how long that wait was!?! While it seems like an eternity, it was in reality only a week or two.

When he handed me the paper wrapped packages, he said, "You said you collected teacups. I didn't know that, but I got you these."

Then I opened up the package to find this beautiful green and brown marble set. After much excitement and assuring him that the pieces broken during shipping didn't matter, I walked him over to the 3-tiered shelf filled with teacups and my very first tea set and found a place for it. It was then that he remembered that he had seen my collection ... {sigh} ... silly boys!

Did you know: ... In Iran and Afghanistan, tea is the national beverage. Both green and black are used — green as a refreshing thirst quencher and black as a warming, comforting brew, and both types are taken with sugar. At home and in the popular tea houses, drinkers sit cross-legged on floormats and sip their tea from glasses or elegant porcelain bowls.

I am so excited to go visit everyone else's "tea parties" so I hope to see you soon ...

Until our next cup of tea ...



Thank you for the tea party invite Rose Chintz Cottage ...


Rose Chintz Cottage

5 Tea Party Guest:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Princess,
Your hubby's choice for you is beautiful! I have never seen one like it before. What a treasure! I'm so happy to have you join me for tea and I hope you will come again soon. Enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Spanish Princess,
thank you for your visit and the sweet comment. So I came to your blog and I am amzed about this beautiful set. What a treasure. It is not only beautiful but has also an interesting history. Thank you for sharing this outstanding set.
Best greetings, Johanna

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a wonderful, and uniques set! Your honey is a sweetie! So nice to meet you and may we share lots of cups of tea!
Ruth

Betty Stapleton said...

What a lovely tea set, and it will always be cherished. Enjoyed your post, thank you for sharing...

Kathy said...

Hello,
so glad you stopped by that I might return the visit. I do appreciate you liking my blog and the music. I just changed it up - wasn't completely satisfied with it. I hope you like the changes!
Have a blessed week,
Kathy