CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

September 25, 2012

Tea Time Tuesday: Cherished Gifts ... For the Birds!

It's Tea Time Tuesday!! Yeah! A great project to follow the mundane Monday that I had this week. The weekend itself weas busy, because the Monkey and I went on a roadtrip with my mom. Why is this relevant, you ask? Well, on Friday, before we left, I went to pick up some stuff from my grandmother (who lives a few miles from me) totake to my mom (who lives 35 miles from me), when I got there I was telling her about a surprise which I will share, whether it has a good or bad outcome next week. She then remembered she had 7 teacups she wanted to give me ... SEVEN! They were the last in her collection, given to her by my grandfather who passed about a year ago.

She's given me others, which I will share in a later Tea Time Tuesday post, but these she'd kept because she didn't want to give me cups without saucers.






On another note, my mom's Pink Saturday post was about a friend's autistic son who makes bird feeders from teacups and saucers ... how could I not share a photo!?! If you want to see more please visit her blog!


Adorable right!?! Well, tonight she is bringing me the one she got me for my birthday ... which is in January! Check back next week for a photo!

Until our next cup of tea ...



P.S. Sorry, it's such a late addition, I worked until 9:30 p.m. and just realized I didn't post it!

2 Tea Party Guest:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Princess,
What fun to receive all those teacups! Passed down from a loved one makes them even more special. I love the little birdfeeder too. How adorable is that! Thanks so much for joining me for tea today and Happy Autumn!

Blessings,
Sandi

Connie said...

Well, it's certainly nice to meet you and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, sugar.

Being the wife of a retired Marine and the mother of a former Marine and the sister-in-law of Marines, I salute your hubby for his service to our great country. I understand what you mean by "just another military installation."

You give that man a kiss and a hug from me for doing his duty to God and Country!

xoxo,
Connie