CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

September 22, 2012

Pink Saturday: Creatively Pink!

So I'm getting a bit of a late jump on Pink Saturday this week. My mom and I went to visit my brother and his family ... while we are here we particiapted in their church craft fair (my sister-in-law had a booth and my mom and I shared one.)

Well, with the craft fair, the stitching project I brought to work on along the drive and some other projects I'd been working on recently, I thought I'd give you a preview of the :pink" projects I've got going on right now.

This first one is a table topper that I have been working on for a few years. While its an easy stitching project, the bulkiness of the fabric and difficulty in "stop and go" that is accompanied with daily life involving a toddler, so I only work on it periodically.



This is some luggage tags that I'd made initially for my trip to Korea a few months ago, but I've made some more recently. It was a very easy project. I got the scrapbook paper that was 8 1/2 by 11 inch, then run through the printer upside down with "text boxes" to create the designs. Then I cut them out and mod podged them a few times to thick card stock (the first ones were on matt boards for framing that I apparently had left over from my photography days.) After several layers, I glues two pieces together. You could either use scrapbook latters to put names and addresses, or in this case, I just printed them on the paper.



I hope you enjoyed seeing my projects as much as I enjoy making them. If you want to see more Pink Saturday, check out my mom's blog Just the Bear Facts!, which is featuring art from an Autistic Artist this week. It is quite amazing stuff!

Until our next cup of tea ...

2 Tea Party Guest:

LV said...

Thanks fore sharing your projects with us. I enjoyed visiting and seeing them. You do nice work.

Eileen said...

You're very creative! You do lovely work. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit.