CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

January 17, 2011

Getting off to slow but organized start ...

Well we are deep into the third week of 2011 and I am just getting to my first post. I can hardley believe the new year is off to such a busy start ... oh, wait ... that's the one constant in my life ... a millions things to do, with time to complete a hundred!

Well, when it came to making new years resolutions this year, I debated going with the old standby - weight loss - but then decided that this year I wanted to do somthing new. I wanted to improve the whole "me". So while yes, better diet and exercise are an element of that goal, so is improving my skills in marketing and PR so I can find that perfect job, increasing my patience, maintianing my stress by organization (ah, I do LOVE organization!) and enjoying life a little more to include some "me" time.

I have picked up a few marketing "gigs" from close friends with their own business to help me get back into a 'creative" way of thinking. so welcome to ...



I am happy to be back to "work" even if it is only during naptime and such. I have also started to work on my photography again. Hopefully I can save enough to get the full Photoshop program, but for now I am having fun in my current "Pretty with Pink" series ...



I really do love landscape and nature photography ... less stressful than when I did family photography, but I may return to that too.

For Christmas George got me a Cruz ereader and I love it. I set a highly ambitious goal of 111 books in 2011, but want to see how many I can get too. So far I have finished 5 books and are switching between 4 others. I've broadened my usual list of mysteries, historic novels (I love anything Victorian era) and professional books to now include westerns (my grandfather's favorite author was Louis Lamour), biographies (I downloaded the Kendra book and have a Jackie Kennedy Onasis one) and even romances (that's new). If you have any suggestions please let me know!

All in all, the new year has gotten off to a good start. I am eating healthier, Jamie and I walk a few miles almost daily now, and I am learning to prioritize versus trying to get it all done like I'm some sort of superhero.

We've still made very few friends here, but the playgroup I lead has led me to make some really great moms and I think we'll have Jamie's 1st birthday there, since there is really no one else here to invite other than our neighbors to the left whom Jamie LOVES!

Well, back to life and all things adventurous! I should eat befoer the baby gets up rom his nap ...

Until our next cup of tea ...

3 Tea Party Guest:

Lisa said...

Good to hear from you!

Sue said...

Michelle,
It's really good to see your post - we've all been missing you. So glad that things are going well - and busy can be a really good thing too. Jamie must be getting so big and of course getting around pretty well too. Enjoy your reading - what a thoughtful gift for George to give you - do you enjoy Dean Koontz's books at all? He's really good - the first one Ron and I read was years ago - The Watchers - (the made for TV movie was terrible) - but it's a good one to start out with if you haven't read any of his books.
Good luck with all your ventures - (the pictures are great!), and as always, hugs and prayers that this year is a GREAT one for you.
God bless you,
Sue

Chaotic Mom said...

Your blog is beautiful, as is your photography! I'm actually interested in your writing. Would consider writing an essay for my project? More information can be found on the Facebook page, "Military Spouse Books". To get a full packet of info, email: milspousebooks@gmail.com. We could really use some good photography, too! ;)