CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

September 22, 2010

Knight in Shining Armor Saves Damsel in Distress!


Seriously, I love my lil guy, but today was one of those days where you are looking to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL on things and reboot the day.

I don't know what it is other than Jamie starting to go through seperation anxiety, but on top of his panic attacks every time I am more than 3-feet away from him and teething he was not a happy little guy today. We had a breakdown and temper tantrum by 8 a.m. that lasted until after 10 a.m. when he fell asleep for about 30 minutes before waking up even crankier. From there things just got ... well frustrating. He wanted to be held, but not held. HE wanted a bottle, but didn't want to drink. Part of breakfast and all of lunch was slung across the kitchen table. He threw major fits whenever I went to change his diaper, but was cranky because he was dirty. Poor guy just didn't know what to do.

George came home for lunch and saw that I was having a rough day, and that it continued when he came home after work. SO while I fought Jamie at bedtime, he snuck out and picked up pink roses, a bottle of wine, some cheese, crackers, brownies and just in case, a double-pack snickers.

What a wonderful treat as I came trudging down the stairs while Jamie's screams wafted through the air. George went upstairs and rocked him for a few more minutes and he eventually fell asleep (I rocked him for nearly half and hour, tried lullubies, then country ballads and 6 oz. cereal bottle, but he's a fighter!)

Now, I'm off to work stitching more of Jamie's Chrismtas stocking, but am spreading my treats out over the next few days, because it doesn't look like today was a one-time event! Wish me luck!



Today we introduced him to his playpen. We've been using it to change him on downstairs, but I took the changing table off and put some toys in it and he did good for a little over 45 minutes, so I was able to eat breakfast ... at 11 a.m.! Hard to believe he'd just had a 2-hour tantrum, huh!?!

Until our next cup of tea ...

2 Tea Party Guest:

lime said...

oh there are days like this for sure... glad george was sensitive to it though. that goes a long way.

Meari said...

Sorry you had a rough day, but more importantly.... how was the chocolate?!? ;-)