CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

September 7, 2010

Balancing a saved life with the freedom of choice ...

I am a habitual reader of Post Secret, a blog created by Frank Warren, where people mail in their secrets on a postcard and they are anonymously posted for readers to view. Some of them are heartbreaking, others are joyous, some make you think, and others make you feel less alone. Sometimes you are surprised to find someone else has revealed a secret that you share as well. For the most part, the emotions and feelings that they evoke in me are mine alone. I don't blog about it, share it with friends or family members or chat about it on social networks. But today, I read one that angered me ... no outraged me.

It was a postcard of the Pentagon and simply read: "I draft wills for those deploying. I ignore their wishes and make them all organ donors."

I had to read it twice ... it struck a chord with me. The audacity of this person to feel that their own beliefs outweigh the wishes of service members who are volunteering to put themselves in harm’s way to protect others. I mean if it weren't for the troops fighting for our freedoms think of the oppression we could be living with ... and this person's reply is to take away the freedom of service members to make that choice. Some people have religious reason for making the decision not to donate; others may have spoken their wishes to a family member under what conditions that they wanted their organs donated.

Its a sad day today ... to see one person deviously take away a freedom from the very people who protect them ...

3 Tea Party Guest:

ABW said...

Say what???

I have no words, but echo your sentiments.

Elissa said...

I can not even begin to tell you how angry that makes me. Why is it some people think that they know what is right for everybody else? It turns my stomach that somebody could be so arrogant and selfish.

ancient one said...

I hope that person loses his job... this is outrageous...