CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

July 20, 2009

Our Adoable Baby ...



This is one of my favorite pictures of Sgt. Major. Since moving to the new house and discovering that the windows are actually at his viewing level, he has found this to be a favorite spot. He watches for Daddy's truck in the afternoon and get all excited and starts "dancing" when he sees him pull up in front. If George takes too much time getting to the door, Sgt. Major will start barking for him to hurry up. Its really funny to watch. Sometimes he even lets Daddy join him at the window ... on this night they were watching the storm roll in.



Until our next cup of tea ...

8 Tea Party Guest:

Vee said...

I don't know quite how to break this to you, but you do know that when the baby comes, Sgt. Major will just be the dog. :D

Such cute pics!

The Teacup Cottage said...

Actually, we've already thought of this and bullies are quite family oriented. I've been working with a bully breeder to intergrate him in participating in some activites. He's really good with my cousin and other babies and toddlers. Of course, I will be posting updates on how that works when the baby arrives, so you may be saying "I told you so" next year.

Sue said...

Any dog that sits and waits for daddy to come home is ok in my book. How cute (and I suspect he's going to get his fair share of attention too...but it might put his nose out of shape for a little while.
Blessings,
Sue

The Teacup Cottage said...

There is no doubt he'll be a bit jealous, but we are hoping that that will pass quickly. I think the hardest part is that the recliner that was my father-in-laws, which has become Sgt. Major's spot in his Daddy's office will be moved to the baby room for feeding. He thinks it's his chair, but I think we'll let him sit in it when the baby is sleeping in the crib (it'll be far enough so he can't get in the bed, but still see.) We think that he'll think the baby is his as he tends to do that with people that come to the house. It'll be trial and error for a bit, I'm sure.

ancient one said...

It will be interesting to see how the positions change in the household after the baby comes. I've never had a house dog, so I have no advice. I'm sure you will work it out.

lime said...

too cute.

stitcherw said...

Looks like the windows are at a perfect level for him, what fun for him to be able to look out whenever he wants.
Sue

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I haven't had time to read blogs for weeks but tonight I started "making the rounds" and what a surprise........Congratulations on the expected little one!!!