CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

April 15, 2009

My life fits in a carboard box ...

Actually it took a little over 100 boxes, but my life is currently boxed up! The packers came today and packed up everything. It took only 7.5 hours to pack the house ... and that includes braks. These girls were efficient. It was like a whirlwind. They came in each took a room and got to packing. I could only stand there feeling completely in the way and useless.

We started with 3 packers, but after an intial walk-through when they arrived, they soon discovered that it would take a lot more help. Our guest room, garage and kitchen were packed floor to (near) ceiling with boxes and furniture from when we cleared out the storage unit from Houston. It was a 10x20 filled with stuff we kept when we cleared out George's dad's house.

By the end of the day we had 9 or 10 packers here, but they got it all done!

It'll be a long process of unpacking and organizing everything in the new house, but at least I can sort through and get rid of stuff as I unpack one box at a time. I'm hoping that will be a less daunting tasks than trying to tackle it all at once.

True blogger, that I am, I took pictures of the current state of my house ... Enjoy! I'm off to find dinner (though we've got no pots, pans, dishes or FOOD. I guess that means we are eating out tonight ... and tomorrow and probably all of next week, UGH!)









This is everything we are taking with us. That's right, for the next two to three weeks, everything I have will fit in two vehicles. I hope I didn't forget anything important!



Ah, the life of a nomadic miltiary family. The ever organized person that I am, I've taken all sort of notes, for the future! I'll try to post my "wisdom" after the dust settles (and boy is there a lot of dust!)

Until our next cup of tea ...

4 Tea Party Guest:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Well from someone who moved 11 times in Jr. High and High school and 12 times the first 5 yrs of Marriage, all I can say is Bless your heart. I'm glad when we built our house 35 yrs ago we never moved again.
So glad you had help, I had to do it by myself after I got married, I packed, he moved...lol..Good to hear from you.
Molly

Vee said...

Ahhh, this brought back some memories. I've only moved twice as a military wife, but it certainly was interesting. And living from a vehicle is always a challenge. God bless you both as you head off for a new adventure in a new place. What a good idea to save notes...you could write a book!

lime said...

moving is so much work. hope all goes well!

ABW said...

I love moving! Hope your trip to your next duty station is uneventful!

Can't wait to hear all your tips for our next move.