CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

December 18, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...

Happy Holidays blogging friends! It looks like we may have a cold Christmas after all!
For those of you who have spent much time in the southern states, you know that Christmas can be anything but cold. As a Texan from Houston, there were many Christmases where we wore shorts and summer dresses to holiday parties.

As a child I dreamed of a “White Christmas.” (Maybe that’s why Bing Crosby’s movie of the same name is an absolute must-view holiday ritual for me.)

I wanted nothing more than to make snow angels, have a snow ball fight and go sledding. Now as an adult, a White Christmas would be beautiful … as well as give me a reason to curl up on the couch with a cup of hot cocoa, my dog and a good book. Or maybe give me the motivation to finish one or two of those homemade quilts I keep starting before distractions set in.

Either way, same goal, different reasons!

Now many of my Northern friends think I’ve lost my mind and tell me stories of shoveling snow, driving on icy roads and trying to keep entries into the house clean from discarded snow … hence the curled up on the couch scenario. A cup of hot cocoa can fix all problems!

It doesn"t matter to me. Now that my homework is turned in, I am determined to have tons of holiday fun. As you can see the tree is up and decorated ... twice. My Christmas angels has been unwrapped and fluffed and lighted and the Christmas candles are burning.

Well, whatever your holiday dreams are, I can say without hesitation … Stay warm! I hope above all you have a great time with your Family and other loved ones. Here’s to having all your holiday wishes come true!

Until our next cup of tea ...

7 Tea Party Guest:

ancient one said...

Looks like you are ready...your tree is so pretty! Merry Christmas!!

The Seeker said...

Hello! Blog hopping and landed here!!! Nice blog, was reading a few posts of yours.. liked it And thats a Nice christmas tree.

Merry Christams Spanish Princess

ABW said...

Your tree is beautiful!!!

I would love to have a white Christmas too. I could send the kids out to play, they would have a great time and come in with rosy cheeks and be ready to sit quietly by the fire and play. Who am I kissing, I'd probably have a kid stuck in a snowdrift or something. The dream is nice though!

stitcherw said...

Your tree looks wonderful. I'm one of those dealing with snow right now. While it is pretty, other than having a bit on Christmas day I really wouldn't miss never having it. Curling up with some hot chocolate, a movie and some stitching sounds like a lovely idea.
Sue

Vee said...

Sounds as if you're all set to enjoy Christmas...papers all turned in...woo hoo! Your tree is beautiful. I hope that you receive the white Christmas that you have dreamed of. I find them pretty special myself.

lime said...

lol, come on up we've got snow and more on the way!

Meari said...

That's a beautiful tree! Merry Christmas, Michelle. Yes... snow shoveling, dirty snow, slippery streets.... not fun.