CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

November 25, 2008

Where does the time go?

It has been such a long time since I have posted or even had time to sit down and read other blogs. The past few weeks since George's father's passing has been have been so busy. I have been back and forth to post, about 3.5 hours aways twice as has George and we are finally finishing up cleaning out Dad's house. I am amazed at how much you can learn about someone by sorting through their things. George was definately the center of his Dad's world and being reminded of that must be hard for him.

As the holiday season approaches there is so much to do. First and foremost, I HAVE to get all of my homework finished and turned in. Dad would not want to be the reason I didn;t finish and they have already given me a semester's extension while caring for him. So until they are turned in Dec. 6, don't exect me to be around much. But after that ... It's prep for the holidays time!

Christmas is defintely my favorite time of the year. I love the holiday music, the decoration, the cooler weather. This year I can decorate my office as well ... Yeah!! Noth that many people see it since mostly it is just my Soldiers and their Families who see me, but I will get to spend all day in it!

There are so many things that I want to do craft project-wise, most of which will be discussed in depth on my other blog, Rose Manor: The Teacup Collector's Cottage. Christmas is the best time to get stuff like that done,whether stitching quietly with a hot cup of tea and stitching or doing group craft activities and laughing over cookies and cocoa. It's the perfect time come together as a Family and community and celebrate!

I hope you're holidays are filled with love and laughter and I look forward to visiting you all soon to hear about you holiday adventures. Happy Thanksgiving ...

Until our next cup of tea ...

7 Tea Party Guest:

Vee said...

It's always a lot of work to tidy up after a loss. I wish you and your hubby all the best with the memories and the treasures of his dad's life. Sounds as if you're married to one of them.

Hope that you have a good Thanksgiving and a wonderful time preparing for the holidays.

stitcherw said...

Trying to sort all that out would be so hard, both emotionally and physically. Good luck with your final class work and getting everything ready for the holidays.
Sue

Sue said...

I've missed you my friend and can't tell you how often you and George were being thought of.
May you somehow find the time to do everything you need to do for school. Don't you worry about us - we will be here.
God's blessings as you go through the weeks ahead.
Hugs,
Sue

ancient one said...

Yeah, you have to get that school work done first. We'll still be here when you get time to blog again.


"TIME" the older I get the faster it gets...

Alice said...

I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to take care of all George's dad's things. So many memories.

I'm so proud of you for working so hard at school at this sad time. I know you'll get everything turned in and that your professors will be impressed.

Elizabethd said...

It isnt easy clearing a family member's home, I remember how sad I felt when I did my mother's house, I do hope all goes well.

lime said...

i do hope you fully enjoy the holiday season this year.