CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

February 15, 2008

Love worth waiting for ...

I have found that Valentine's Day without my love is harder than Christmas. We've never waited for the holiday to show our love to each other, and in most cases we just stayed home, had a quiet dinner and watched a movie or something together. This year, I had to do it alone.

I've posted stories about our relationship before, so I doubt any long term reader would doubt our love for each other.

I did get to talk to him yesterday, he called to see if I got the package he had sent. Well, those of you who know of the birthday fiasco with FedEx, can laugh a little because it has happened again .. for those who don't know, here is the story.

For my 30th birthday my husband sent me a package, the beautiful necklace in the previous post. The thoughtful husband that his is, he thought I would rather open it at my party in Houston with our friends, so he had it shipped 2-day to Houston to arrive about two days ahead of the party. Unfortunately, either FedEx or Zales was worried about the fact that it was ordered from Iraq and being sent to a stateside address so they held it, meaning it would not arrive on time.

He had to have it re-rerouted to our home and their said it would arrive Jan. 29. On the 29th they called and said the 30th, on the 30th they called and said the 31st, then Feb. 1. Appharently, they had lost it somewhere in Houston for a few days. Finally, after 11 days, I received it.

Well, this time he sent my Valentine's pacakge to my work at the MP Bn HQ. It was suppose to arrive yesterday. I stayed until 5 p.m. waiting after the unit had been granted an early release at 2 p.m. George emailed me today to say that one package had arrived and the other still had yet to be. I assume the first package was sent to the mail room (for the Soldiers mail) instead of the command group where I work. Staff Duty is waiting for the other package and will call me if it arrives.

Needless to say, this deployment is making me re-evaluate my patience! I'll post pics when I get it!

Until our next cup of tea ...

7 Tea Party Guest:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Please know I am thinking of you. I know it will be wonderful when you get it...Mary

Sue said...

Well, just by looking at the gift he sent you for your birthday, it seems that your Valentine will be worth waiting for. Hope you receive it soon.
Hugs and prayers for you and George.

lime said...

hey is awfully thoughtful. it's ashame the people shipping things keep screwing up his thoughtfulness.

Anonymous said...

It's too bad that such wonderfulness gets "Murphy-ed"!

ABW said...

Awwww.....he's such a sweetie! Can't wait to see what this one is!

stitcherw said...

Oh no, I can't believe the delivery was messed up again, how frustrating. I hope it gets to you soon, and that your mailings to each other from here on out are trouble free.
Sue

Alice said...

I can understand that Valentine's Day would be especially hard. It certainly couldn't help that the delivery was messed up. He's such a thoughtful guy; I can't wait to see what was in the package.