CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

February 21, 2008

Breathless with anticipation ...

I guess from the title you'd never guess I was talking about new teacups, but then again, depending on how well you know me, that might've been a top guess.

Yesterday was a late day at work, but despite how tired I was, it still couldn't deminish my excitement when I realized the package waiting for me was the set of teacups I'd ordered from one of my favorite shops, Roses and Teacups.

It's been a link on my page for over a year now, but I had to share about my newest aquisitions.



You may have seen the cup on the left before, it's been here before. It is one of a set of two, the first teacups in what would eventually be a collection. So I was "window shopping" a week or so before my birthday and came across these and couldn't believe my eyes ... they are "Rose with Buds Demitasse Child Size Tea Party Teacups" according to the web site. I was so excited and of course ordered a set (of 6).

I wanted to do something special with them, display them in some unique way and then I remembered a chandalier that a dear milspouse gave me when she moved. The light fixture itself wasn't anything unique, but seeing it reminds me of her and the lessons that I learned from other military spouses about life and friendship.

So a bright idea formed, I am hoping to take these cups and attach them to the light fixture with the light bulbs inside of the cups. Neat idea huh!?! I'd see it done at lighting stores and stuff and figured I could do it for less than the $500-$1800 it would cost to buy one.

When I opened the box I found an unexpected surprise. The stuffing was shredded pink paper. Cute right!?! I put some in a glass vase and put an Easter egg on top. Voila! Instant centerpiece! There was a lot left over, so I put it in a zipper bag and will figure out what to do with it later. Now, for the price of some cute "Easter" ribbon, I've got a new table decoration.

Who said bored military wives aren't resorceful or creative. I've really been craving some craft time lately too, even organized the craft closet, but I'm on a mission to finish my masters this summer ... five more classes to go!

Well, I'm off to see if I've got enough teacups or if I need to get more.

Until our next cup of tea ...

3 Tea Party Guest:

Alice said...

Those cups are so cute, just adorable. I love your idea of using them in a chandelier and can't wait to see it.

stitcherw said...

The little cups are adorable. What a fun surprise that must have been for you when you found one of your favorite patterns available in miniature. Love the lamp idea, I think it will look great.
Sue

Kimmie said...

Those are great!

My sister is addicted to that shredded stuff. I've got bags of it all over the house because she sends it in the kids' packages. LOL