CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

January 27, 2008

Your words of support do not match your action ...

There are very few things about the military life that I passionately DETEST, however, three years ago a private housing management company, initials PMH, took over the military housing on post and I have come to harbor so much hate for them that I can’t drive past the office without anger building inside of me.

Today, I fought with then yet again …

I am in Houston, celebrating my birthday and hoping to visit my grandmother who had an accident last week and ended up in the hospital. Three year ago, and every year since then, we have listed my former neighbors on the key release. They moved last month, but left some of the Soldier’s gear in our garage to be turned in at the post. Since I was in Houston and they were on the key release, there was no issue … or so I thought. When he called, I told him about my grandmother’s accident, but said we had left them on the key release so he and his wife (WHO WAS A MANAGER THERE BEFORE THEY MOVED) could get the key. I called to verify and after checking the records, they seem to have LOST some of our paperwork. That right, we pay $1200 a month for a small two-bedroom apartment and they can’t even manage a filing system. So now, they will not let them in the house.

So I asked, if I go online to your secure web site and fill out the key release form AGAIN, can they get the key. The staff member asked me, “How can I be sure it’s you?”

Are you kidding me? Hundreds of family members fill out your stupid forms, place work orders and beg for your attention on this web site YOU CREATED each year and because I am telling you I am going to fill out the paperwork, suddenly you can’t verify I am who I say I am … AFTER YOU JUST READ ME INFO OFF OF MY FILE!!!

She said that if I fax her info with my signature (so she can verify again my file) and my husband’s SS#, then they can give them the key … but then after bringing it to her attention, she agrees that there is nothing in the file with my signature since my husband filled out the paperwork. Ummm … does this make sense to anyone, because it is totally lost on me.

This is not the first time that I have had run ins with the “logic” of this company. They have no regard for the families of deployed Soldiers.

For the last few weeks, since my neighbors left, I have been fighting with them to keep their outside lights on. Our doorways are 6x6 foot square alcoves and at night, there is no way to tell if there is something or someone there. Since my husband is deployed, this poses even more of a threat for me coming home at night. However, they said they are trying to conserve energy. So apparently, my safety is less valuable than four weeks of electricity.

Two weeks ago, I tried to change a light bulb in the bedroom over the bed and the glass part came out and the metal part stayed in. I couldn’t reach it standing on the bed and placing a chair on the bed while playing with electricity didn’t seem safe. So I called explained what was going on and asked if someone could stop by on their way home and fix it. No prob, five minutes right. Nope! They said to leave the light off and place a work order and it would be fixed in two to three days. Are you kidding me? How and I suppose to get ready for bed, or work? She said, “Don’t you have any lamps?” No I replied, we have a light fixture. “You could go buy one,” was the reply. You have got to be kidding me!

And I pay $1,200 a month for this abuse …

I hope they ask me to be in the discussion group next time they contemplate why families of deployed Soldiers are moving back home and not staying on post … I have a couple of guesses!

Until our next cup of tea ...

10 Tea Party Guest:

Alice said...

Oh, for Pete's sake. You really have to wonder what kind of training these people receive when they get hired. Do they attend seminars in "How to Mess with People"? Honestly they should be doing everything they can to help make your lives easier. Sorry you have to deal with them.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry this is happening...AGAIN! I really think it comes down to laziness half the time. Its such a sad truth, but honestly, when you husband is gone, you would hope people would try to be a little more helpful, rather than use the fact that he's deployed to throw up more road-blocks. GGGGGRRRRR.

Hang in there.......

lime said...

that is ridiculous and inexcusable. there is no reason for it. here's a suggestion. it won't solve anything but it might make you feel better.

arrange this ahead of time with your bank. when the time comes, pay your next month's rent in quarters. if they are going to inconvenience you i say you return the favor.

ABW said...

That's pretty pathetic, but I guess they are the lowest bidders which is why they got the contract. Makes no sense at all.

When installed a ceiling fan in our bedroom and we have to remove it before we move or we will be charged thier rate to install it even though it is installed. And don't get me started on the blinds or the crappy job they did drywalling!

Megan said...

I love hearing about these kinds of things right after I make the decision to move on post. :)

Sorry I've been absent from here for so long! We moved to Texas and somehow I lost all of my blogs (yes, I know that's ridiculous but strangely true). Anyway, I have re-added you to my blogroll and look forward to catching up with you again.

I was astounded when I saw that he's deployed again... Seems like just yesterday he got home. Keep your chin up! (Seems like you're doing an awesome job of that already).

ancient one said...

Hey,

I finally got back here again. I loved your post about Christmas and your little tea set.

Sorry the people who control housing on base are giving you such a run around. I understand your frustration.

I'm glad that you are able to do things on your own. Hope your husband will soon return to you!

Blessings!!

Sue said...

Oh good grief! How absolutely ridiculous...
I'm sorry that you have to deal with people like this. Dummies.
Hugs my friend,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Oh brother what a hassle - sorry I hope it gets better soon!
xo
mary
hoganfe handbags

stitcherw said...

Unbelievable, there is no excuse for that. I don't understand how they can be so insensitive (although I can think of quite a few stronger and nastier words). You all have such stress as it is, you would think they'd go out of their way to try and be helpful. I hope it gets resolved quickly and that they get their act together.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Seems as though they had to scrape the bottom of the proverbial barrel to recruit these "property managers"!