CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

November 13, 2007

It was an honor just to be nominated ...


Yeah! I got my first blog award! My blog friend Meari the "You Make Me Smile Award." Now where is that speech I'd prepared ... just joking! Who knew that a small town Texas girl chronicling the trials and triumphs of military life would be honored.

I've got to say that Meari started out as a stitching friend, but funny how after months of reading each others blog and occassionally chatting via email you can learn so much more about a person. She is such a sweet, adorable person who finds joy in the little things and inspires others to look at life with a smile and a laugh.

Now, I in turn get to award people in the blogging world so let's take a minute to list others, who along with Meari have inspired me in my blogging adventures.

I have to say it's all Tommy Gunn's fault! Yep! Former co-worker and one of my dearest friends here at Fort Swampy introduced me to the world of blogging. They say a friend will bail you out of jail, but a good friend would be sitting there with you. That's TG! He's unique take on life always keeps me laughing.

In the military world, I have found a dear friend, ABW or Army Blogger Wife. We talk about anything and nothing. It's nice to have someone who understands, even if you talk about everything else.

Then there are those special people like, Lime, Darla, Mari-Nanci, and Alice who always seem to have the right words of encouragement when I need it.

I wish I could list all of my readers. Just knowing you are supportive of those who serve make you special. Thanks to all of you. You are truly a gift.

Until our next cup of tea ...

4 Tea Party Guest:

smilnsigh said...

Congratulations to you.

And thank you, Hon.

Mari-Nanci

lime said...

well shucks, thanks. if i have made you smile then my job here is done.

Alice said...

Congratulations to you and you definitely make me smile. But you also make me consider a lot of things in a new way.

Thank you for thinking of me!

Grimstarr said...

I love you like I love Lime. You know that whatever comes, whatever you need, I will be there for you. Unfortunately you gave up chocolate, but I have a peppermint for you anytime you need one and a shoulder that is totally dry if you need to cry on it. You are really my best friend here and we need to do lunch soon. By the way, dorkbutt, it's CAMP Swampy. Love you doll.
TG