CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

August 1, 2007

Red, White and Blue friendships

I am often amazed by the support of people for our troops, not because I expect opposition, but because in may ways it comes in the form of people taking time out of their busy lives to say thanks. Many of you have said that to me and my family through this blog and I appreciate the support. Although we knew the hardships involved with military life, it was something both my husband and I felt strongly about.

But the messages of support I receive, especially when he is deployed, makes my days seems less lonely and make the seperations more bearable.

Recently, I made a new blog friend and as I usually do, I scrolled through her blogs looking at older posts. There were few that jumped out at me and I wanted to share them with you.

This morning she posted reminding us that no matter how bad our day may seem, there is always someone worse off. Even I take for granted sometimes the liberties we have as Americans, but I have felt the pain of loss and know that freedom truly isn't free. In photo tributes she shows the true beauty of our great country. Her photography shows us to look beyond what is before us and see the magestic art that life offers us every day. My favorite though is her seasons collection. The colors of old Glory never looked so beautiful.

It is our job to enjoy the freedoms that others were willing to give their lives for. To miss that opportunity not only cheats us, but disresects the memories of those like Staff Sgt. Robert Chiomento who paid the ultimate price and the families of those fallen heroes. I challenge you to find something beautiful in your day, whether it's a garden of flowers or a lone bee buzzing at your window. Life is what you make of it and so many gave their life so that we could have ours.

5 Tea Party Guest:

Grimstarr said...

That is sooo cool! And you know what's even COOLER? First for two days in a row! Take that beeyotches!
TG

smilnsigh said...

Thank you so much, for linking to my blog, in yours.

And for leading me to your 'All give some, some give all' entry. I had missed that, as I haven't been able to be on the computer, as much as I like... for a bit. I certainly would not want to have not read that. A very, very moving entry... Oh sigh....

Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

And yes, I did notice that you've added my blogs, to your sidebar. Thank you, much.

But your poor husband... -grin- Bugging him to look at some of my stuff, last night. When he just wanted to play his computer games. {Me too though, I don't get computer games either...but those who do, DO, big time.} :-)))

Hugs, Mari-Nanci

ABW said...

Great site, thanks for sharing! I'll have to keep up with that one too!

Korin

stitcherw said...

Beautifully said.
Sue