CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

February 26, 2007

Craft Corner: Victorian craft rebirth

It arrived! Actually it arrived last week, but like has been so busy that I didn't get a chance to look through it properly until this past weekend.

The book is titled, Victorian Crafts Revived, by Caroline Green. There are "50 Victorian-style projects designed for people at all levels of ability." It includes projects in "cross stitch, needlepoint, and quilting, decoupage, beadwork, shellwork, quilling, papercrafts, tassels and cords, and dried flowers."

I am quite excited to get some other projects done so I can start some of these projects, but I don't know if Ican hold back. I know I said I wanted to get some of my WIPs done, but when you get a book like this it is hard to set it aside. It's really one step forward, two steps back in the way of getting stuff done.

I'm already trying to decide what I will do first. There are some things that I haven't done before (like quilling) and others that I have (quilting). Here are two examples. These satin pillows are hand stitched with a design given in the book. The star project looks like it would make some beautiful Christmas ornaments. Oh my goodness. How will I ever survive the wait!

4 Tea Party Guest:

stitcherw said...

The Star one does look like it would make lovely ornaments. Looks like you'll be busy reading and trying new crafts for a while.
Sue

Cheryl said...

I like the pillows! I have done quilling before (ages ago) and did enjoy it! Will look forward to seeing what you choose to do!

lime said...

the star looks very cool

smilnsigh said...

First off, I don't _do_ any crafts. But that book looks "good enough to eat," even for a non-talented person like me. Oh it must be full of beautiful pictures. Enjoy!

Mari-Nanci