CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

June 3, 2006

Another package arrived

George sent me another package. I am on my way out the door, but I'll post the whole story later. Even Sgt. Major thought he got a treat!



















Update: June 5, 2006 5:57 p.m.
Here's the story. Our second wedding anniversary was May 24 and of course since George is deployed we couldn't be together. However, I was happy that he was able to break away and call me. We only had a short time, but he told me had put a package in the mail for me. He wouldn't tell me what it was but another Soldier R. E. said, "I can't tell you what it is, but I don't know how he expects to get a cammel home!" Funny guys over there.
It usually takes 7-10 days for mail to arrive, so it was a long week as I anticipated what it was.
On Friday (June 2) it arrived. I checked the mail when I came home, after meeting a friend for dinner after work.
It was in a water bottle box with Englis on one side and Arabic on the other. Really cool. I kept the box to show my parents next time they visit.
Anyway, buried under a ton of news paper (the Fort Polk Guardian actually, the paper I work for- at least they recycle!) was a red "velvet" box and a sting of pearls (the ones on the right in the picture). Inside the box was that beautiful watch set. I love pinks and burgandys so it was even more thoughtful that it was that color. I wrote him to tell him I got the package and he was like, "Baby, I don' think it's reall, but I thought you'd like it."
In all honesty, I am a "shiny object" kind of girl and I wasn't going to pick it apart when I know he has so little free time, but went out to a local bazaar to find me something.
The pearl necklace on the left in the picture is the one he send with the hand carved jewelry box (see previous post).
Below are pics of my crazy pup, Sgt. Major. He has a fun time playing with the newspaper that came in the box. Cheap toy ... and to think I bought all through puppy toys!




0 Tea Party Guest: