CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

March 23, 2006

Two weeks and counting

It's been two weeks and it seems like a lifetime. I don't know how I'm going to do a year.

I got another email from George today, that makes four or five I think. He says thing are running smoothly, but he hates being away. He said that he is working long days and gets only a couple hours of sleep and of course that worries me because he has a tendency to push himself harder than he should.

He finally got his first package today, apparently it'll take one to three weeks for them to get mail. I have others ready and waiting to go, I just wanted to make sure he got it.

My father-in-law called yesterday and said he is going to get George a digital camera so he can send us pictures and I think that will make it easier. We'll at least have pictures of him.

Sgt. Major is calming down, although he is on attack mode at every sound. He's been cooped up for the past 11 days because the housing people are building new fences in the neighborhood, so the dog door has been locked while I was at work. I'll have to post a pic when they finally finish them, but don't hold your breath.

I'm trying to get schoolwork caught up and started going to a weight-support group with a few other spouses from the brigade. I figured now is the perfect time to start working towards my goals and it'll give me time to learn how to control my nibbling (which it the biggest problem). I am pretty good at eating healthy meals, but those in-between snacks are killing me. I also have more allowances with my schedule for working out instead of needing to check with George for possible plans.

Well I guess that's it for now, back to the homework!

1 Tea Party Guest:

Megan said...

I just wanted to drop by and let you know I was thinking about you. My soldier left me yesterday for Korea. I know it's not like Iraq, but it's for a year, too and I'm not sure how I'm going to make it, either. It's my first separation from him.

Anyway, keep busy, and I will do the same. I'm not connected with other military families right now, and it's good to read your blog and know that I'm not alone in all of this. Thanks again for sharing.