January 11, 2006

Another day in paradise ...

Hey all!

Been a while since I was able to sit down and give an update on how things are going.

The holiday season was great, a little more aware of the time we spent with family since George's unit was notified that they will deploy. We don't have a date yet, but they say soon.

The hustle and bustle have been "kicked up a notch" as they prepare. The Brigade comes off of block leave (holiday vacation time) tomorrow, so hopefully things will get back to normal, or what qualifies for normal around here.

I went back to work last week, so things there have slowly gone back to normal. Busy, but normal. I feel like I'm going 90 miles an hour lately there is so much to do.

Work: the usual. Busy, busy, busy. (I'd rather busy that a slow news week though!)

Home: We just got a new puppy door, so hopefully that will take some of the pressure off of making sure not to be gone to long from home or face the consequences. We also got a new bookshelf and goodness... I didn't know we owned that many books. I could compete with a small town library.

School: trying to catch up on the last class, finish the readings and stuff. I also have to take the GRE, so I have to study for that too.

Crafting: I have had time to do some crafts. Not as much time as I'd like, but enough to keep me sane. Somedays all I get to do is carry around a magazine hoping to get a chance to glance at it.

Volunteering: Well AWANAs is back in the swing after the holiday break and I have to admit nothing is all that back through the eyes of three-year-olds. Stress for them is running out of cookies. Battalion-wise the Steering committee should be meeting again soon as well as the company Family Readiness Group. I took over as POC (point-of-contact) for the S-3 shop so I am trying to get that organized. The old roster was a bit of a mess. Meeting the spouses has been fun though and there are a few that I know I'll look too for guidance and laughter while the guys are gone. Once I get a system going, it'll be much easier.

I guess all-in-all it's not too much on my plate, but the fact that there is no "schedule". George is here one day, gone the next kind of thing, and it makes it a little harder (sometimes I have to take out the trash!). I'm really just ready for this to be over; a get "one under the belt" kind of thing. I think I was prepared for the deployment, but not so much for the "pre-deployment" separation. I think we only spend 6-7 months together last year.

It really seems like my days are short, like somewhere I am missing a few hours. By the time I get ready for work, go to work, come home, fix dinner, clean up, talk to George, and finally sit down to read or stitch, it's already 10 p.m. and time for bed so I can do it all again.

Really where is the time going ... is there a gremlin out there hoarding my hours and laughing at me franticly living life?

2 Tea Party Guest:

Kelly'sEffeminateAngel said...

I know the feeling there hun. Lately I can't find my head anywhere. lol. I sure hope things go smoothly for you and George. There isn't a moment that you won't remember when this is all over...stay strong and just keep up the good attitude!! best wishes!!

sher said...

I wish your hubby a safe and quick return.