CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

May 11, 2014

English Tea in the Heart of Cajun Country

This weekend was a whirlwind of activity as my little road trip buddy and I drove to Louisiana to spend a few days celebrating my niece's birthday, meeting the newest niece and nephew as well as catching up with my sisters and celebrating being moms.

One of the best activities was introducing my sisters and youngest nieces to the English Tea Room in Covington, LA. I'd never been before, but working at TEAinTEXAS has given me the opportunity to visit many tea rooms, and I was excited to visit a new one and inviting my sisters was a bonus!

We were a little nervous because one of my sisters is in a wheelchair and some of the tearooms are not easy to get a wheelchair past tables and precarious shelves filled with teacups and glassware. The owner assured us that they would be able to accommodate us. Unfortunately, the say that we had reserved a table, it was storming severely and I was taking my sister, her wheelchair and her daughter. Luckily, when we arrived, the staff was waiting to assist us with umbrellas and someone to push my sister's chair to a private tearoom in the converted carriage house with an Alice in Wonderland theme.
 



The tea itself was outstanding, one of the best I've ever had. We each had the Petite Windsor High Tea which included a pot of tea of your choice, assortment of finger sandwiches and mini quiches in phyllo shells, a mini cake bite, chocolate-dipped strawberry and a freshly baked scone served with clotted cream, lemon curd and preserves. (My favorite was the mini quiches and really anything lemon!!)


Of course, each of us got a different pot of tea:
Stephanie: Chocolate Chai Tea and Mother's Bouquet
Rita:
Christie: Strawberry Shortcake
Me: Vanilla Chai Tea



It was truly a great gathering, something Army life has limited with the various moves and distances it has kept us from our families. But I think it also makes moments like this more special, because they are so few.

Whether you eat in the main tearoom or host a special event, the English Tea Room will definitely be a place to make memories.

Until our next cup of tea,








0 Tea Party Guest: